Something i want to share with you guys

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
It toughened me up as i was like a dormouse. Scared of my own shadow. Bullies pray on the weak. I blamed my mum for teaching me weakness and installing anxiety into everything i did.
I'm having assertiveness training now as being abused verbally leads to repeating their behaviour or shying away.
I advise same training as I'm overly anti-bullying. Some may say to my detriment.

I hope you can strikes the right balance too.

Thanks but i know about assertivness as since i started to cycle a lot last September i'm more asssertive and aware of my surroundings to know when someone does something stupid and also it's just good to be assertive in daily life because thigns happen like stupid drivers or crime etc... you technically never know when something will happen. Like on the 26th when my friend nearly got attacked we just left and went into a different area afterwards. In case they came back to the same area. Technically there's bullies everywhere because even when cycling people honk for no reason, close passes, ocassionally say rude stuff etc...

Thank you for sharing your story. It's unfortunate no one was able to punish the bullies for what they've done. Just know that you're a better person as you would never do that to someone else. I wish for them a hard and painful life.

I know but the one thing to remember even if bullies don't learn they will eventually learn like from when they get a job or from the law.

You’ve come a long way Lulu and I am so glad for you. Everybody needs to intervene if they witness bullying as there is no knowing where it will lead. No excuse for schools whatsoever, if they put as much into it as they do monitoring uniform rules that would be a start! In my experience of my boys universities are far more supportive of these and other issues. Brave girl, well done fo speaking out. X

Thanks and yeah. For me the buses in my area advertise about bullying and charities etc... (They have a charity of the year) but they never take action unless a passenger complains even though it's clearly on CCTV.

Also microsoft needs to stop people playing 18+ rated games if there underage because the game on xbox live i play is 18+ and i hear so many young kids on it just bullying/swearing to each other and there's not really anything you can do as my shops in the area always ask for ID if anything is 18+), Sometimes i just turn my headset off because there's too much verbal bullying go on and this means my friends can only talk through messaging which takes a while as a controller typing isn't as fast as typing.

@leahkian @lindijanice

Reactions: ickihun

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also microsoft needs to stop people playing 18+ rated games if there underage because the game on xbox live i play is 18+ and i hear so many young kids on it just bullying/swearing to each other and there's not really anything you can do as my shops in the area always ask for ID if anything is 18+), Sometimes i just turn my headset off because there's too much verbal bullying go on and this means my friends can only talk through messaging which takes a while as a controller typing isn't as fast as typing.

Realistically that isn't going to happen. What you can do and what I do on Live is use the party feature between friends when playing the same game. You can even use party on a smartphone with a headset now.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes bullies get a life lesson - my sister's son was bullied at school and the school would do nothing about it, just let it go on and on until the girl left - she was a couple of years older than him.
Some years later the girl applied for a job which involved supervising children and vulnerable adults, and my sister's daughter recognized the bully at once and was able to advise against her being trusted in that position. Despite her seeming to be an ideal candidate, the job went to someone else and word got around about her so she never did get a start in her chosen profession.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes bullies never win. ;)

Which makes me feel happy and content in life.

If bullies won I'd be constantly at war with them.
I'm very content and at peace, especially when I block bullies's nonsense out of my life. (Mother) well she tries. Hubby has a funny moment now and again, which I keep him right. Kids see both sides so they can learn to deal with any bullying behaviour. From anyone.
Bullies never win. :) :) :)