Sorry i haven't been on the site a lot !!!

Tracey69

Hi Everyone,
I hope everyone is well. I am sorry i haven't been a round much but i have had a few family problems.
My mother has severe Alzheimer's and has been going down hill very quickly.
I also haven't been dealing very well with the thought of having to look at having her put into care at the early age of 63 yrs old.
She has only been diagnosed two years.
I haven't been brilliant either, my sight has started to drop in my right eye, i already have no sight in my left eye.
Just been feeling very low, stressed, just can't switch off.
So I'm sorry i haven't been a round much.
Take care.
Tracey

MaryJ

Hi Tracey

Welcome back,

Sounds like times are really tricky at the moment. 63 is no age at all, sorry to hear it, must be so difficult

Mary x

Tracey69

HI Mary
Thank you for your reply, but your right things are really hard at the moment.
I should of said i do have her sisters who help me out at weekends.
But this doesn't take the horrible thoughts that i'm losing her before time.
Take care
Tracey

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Thinking of you Tracey (((((hugs)))))

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Tracey,

Nice thoughts to you and your Mum,

Roy.

Tracey69

Hi everyone,
Well iam still dealing with alot. i Had to have my mum admitted to hospital due to the Alzheimer's getting worse. I am know in the process of getting her into a home as she can no longer look after herself.
I am also busy with a couple of friends who really aren't very well.
One of them is my best friend and more like my sister, we have been through a lot together.
So I'M sorry to have not been on for a while. once things are sorted i will be back with you all
Take care everyone.
Tracey

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tracey,
Sorry to hear you are still having a bad time, hoping things turn okay for you soon.
Don't forgot to take good care of yourself too though while you are caring for everyone else.
Best wishes
Angie

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Oh Tracey how terrible for you, 63 is no age at all is it, I do hope you manage to get her settled somewhere where she feels comfortable.

My thoughts are with you and your family and friends, you sound a very caring person but dont forget to look after yourself will you :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Tracey, hope you find the strength to get through this awful time, thoughts are with your family and friends.

Tracey69

HI Everyone,
Hope you are all well. Thank you all for your messages.
I have now have mum in a really nice care home and not far from me. We have had a few teething problems but we are getting there.
As i mentioned before i had two friends that aren't well. Well the one i say that's more my sister is not too bad, but i lost my other friend at the beginning of the this month. My friend friend and i helped look after her and we were the two that were with her when she passed away. I have to say that it was the most horrific time for her even though the ward worked hard to keep her pain at bay, but up until four hours before her death she was screaming in pain, You wouldn't of let a dog suffer that way and that's all i kept saying to them. In the end we kept saying to her follow the bright stars and look for your mum. She was only 58.
We have the funeral this Friday.
Be back soon
Take care everyone.
Tracey