Sorry not been around much because I've

valann

Been ill for several weeks now. Started back in October when I had to have foot surgery, which is now healing well thank goodness. Then suddenly my Colitis decided to rear its ugly head for a while, then got a mild dose of flu, thank goodness for having the vaccine, followed by a really good dose of bronchitis which set off my Asthma and COPD, now the Colitis is having a bite again. You could say I have not been a happy bunny lol

I have tried to stick to my low carb diet but didn't always manage it as hubby was looking after me and the only thing I was able to have was soup, tinned soup as bless him (hubby) can't do home made, but he looked after me so well. Anyway, my BG has managed to stay well under 10 and often much lower so I'm very grateful for that. Hopefully I will be back online as normal in the New Year.

Anyway, I just really wanted to let you all know I am thinking of you and hoping you are all doing well. Plus of course I want to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy, Prosperous, Healthy New Year.

Take care everyone x

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
So sorry ypu've been unwell @valann but congrats on keeping those bgs down.

Hope you have a Happy Christmas and a much healthier New Year.

Have a virtual hug from New Zealand.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just saw your post, sorry that you have had it rough for the last few weeks but well done you for trying to keep control of your bloods Hopefully you are on the mend now. Have a great Christmas and a brilliant new year.

Reactions: valann

valann

Just saw your post, sorry that you have had it rough for the last few weeks but well done you for trying to keep control of your bloods Hopefully you are on the mend now. Have a great Christmas and a brilliant new year.
Thanks Ryhia :)

I'm still having problems with my Colitis but am managing to keep my bloods below 9mmol so far. Terrified that I may have to go into hospital to get this sorted and finding it difficult to get GP support as still telephone calls only at our surgery. Also feeling very tired and get up and go has got up and gone, not sure where ;) but know that is part of the Colitis. On the good side my toes are nearly healed.

Also on the positive side my GP did take me off Canagliflozin so just diet controlled for my type 2 again :D He also let me stop taking my statin so I have to wait and see if I can manage to keep everything low. Not a long wait as next blood tests are mid Feb :)

I do try to pop in now and again but just reading more than posting for now.

x

Outlier

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done for your positive attitude despite difficult circumstances.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
How are you doing nowadays @valann ?
I hope your health issues have improved!

valann

How are you doing nowadays @valann ?
I hope your health issues have improved!
Hi Antje77,

Much better now, touch wood, thank you for asking. :)

I have been popping in but reading more than posting although to be honest I haven't been online much whilst the weather was good. Still not got my bg back to what it was before I got ill but it's not too bad. Hovering around the upper 6's mid 7s but still not taking any meds so that's good also still sticking to low carb/keto diet. :)

Hope you're keeping well (((hug)))

• Winner
Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Antje77,

Much better now, touch wood, thank you for asking. :)

I have been popping in but reading more than posting although to be honest I haven't been online much whilst the weather was good. Still not got my bg back to what it was before I got ill but it's not too bad. Hovering around the upper 6's mid 7s but still not taking any meds so that's good also still sticking to low carb/keto diet. :)

Hope you're keeping well (((hug)))
What good news, wonderful to hear!
Sounds like you're doing much better since the last time you posted on the forum. :joyful:

All's well on my side of the channel.