Spiraliser

nessie216

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Has anyone got any recommendations for a spiraliser?

I’m looking on Amazon and there are so many different types which is leaving me feeling quite lost!

I’m in the UK

Any type I should steer clear of?

We currently wash up by hand as no dishwasher (although hoping to get one soon) so easy cleaning is a must :)

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Freema

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine was from Amazon, KitchenCraft.

Happy with it, don't use it as often as I should.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I picked up a set of three cutters cone shaped, in Lidl - as I don't need to make a lot of spirals. They were cheap and seem efficient, just rinse under the tap after use and put on the shelf. Fine for one or two people. Thick, thin and strings are the options.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whichever you decide upon, please consider how you will clean the blade or blades. Spiraliser + finger = much claret.

It’s astonishing how far a little finger claret goes in a washing up bowl.

No. Don’t ask me how I know.

Reactions: xfieldok

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine is 3 years old and I use it a lot. It is called Spiralizer with a Z and I think it must be the US original. It has an important feature, maybe they all do, of a powerful sucker to lock it to the worksurface.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was trained to never put a sharp knife in a washing up bowl - they are cleaned and dried and put away safely, it is a very good habit to develop. The spiral cutters are always rinsed out, dried and replaced on the shelf and not even graters are put in water to soak as they also can do damage to the unwary.

Buddy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have a great attachment for the Kitchen Aid. Zucchini "noodles" are a breeze. Here, in the US, these "noodles" are a big thing, especially for people attempting to eliminate carbs.

Reactions: 1spuds

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have the Lurch one which set me back £30, but in my opinion it's no better than the one I got a friend from the Range at £5 - the design is identical and you get the same blades. I Like mine but don't use it nearly enough. I use a long handles dish brush to clean mine in the sink.... they are sharpe!

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
We got a Mueller Spriral Pro a couple of years ago and have found it very good indeed it was £29.99 from Amazon. We wash it in the sink which doesn't take long at all. The suction feet on it work very well and blades (4) are easy to change.