Started 800cals Diet With No Metformin But Temporary Dapagliflozin With Insulin. Carbs Evident.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm delighted to announce I've started a 800cals diet on insulin and Dapagliflozin in metformin absence. Under medical supervision.

I'm desperate to get 3-4kgs off for my bariatric op. 2kgs seem to swing up and down. Got to 134.90kgs but weighed today at 135.65kgs this morning. Bl**dy water retention, I think.
A good 132kgs or less would be great and I can be stress free going into hospital.

Any other insulin users been successful in losing 5kgs or more on the 800cals diet?

Reactions: Jemz

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm delighted to announce I've started a 800cals diet on insulin and Dapagliflozin in metformin absence. Under medical supervision.

I'm desperate to get 3-4kgs off for my bariatric op. 2kgs seem to swing up and down. Got to 134.90kgs but weighed today at 135.65kgs this morning. Bl**dy water retention, I think.
A good 132kgs or less would be great and I can be stress free going into hospital.

Any other insulin users been successful in losing 5kgs or more on the 800cals diet?
Ickihun - I'm hopeless remembering who posted, but I do recall we've had a couple of chaps recently going for it. Have a search around.

As you've had the "Flozin" before, please remember to keep the fluid uptake up.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks @DCUKMod.
I will search under 800cals. Although I may have a dive in that section of forum first. I've just remembered it's there.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @DCUKMod.
I will search under 800cals. Although I may have a dive in that section of forum first. I've just remembered it's there.
I'd guess you might have better luck under ND or Newcastle, but I can't be sure.