Starting again ....

CathyN

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
prejudice, racism, complacency, ignorance
Hello. I used the forum a great deal when I was first diagnosed a couple of years ago. Got off to a wonderful start with my HbA1c etc and became a bit obsessed - which I felt was necessary - although some of my nearest and dearest thought I was too focused. Then gradually I eased off - first on my Olympic swimming schedule (!) and then having a little bit of a treat now and again - and I have now lost the control I had - with my HbA1 c rising twice in a row.

HbA1c. 47 this time with a very slight rise in cholesterol.

I am posting this to affirm to myself that I will now regain the control I held so dear - and not be swayed by my own inner voice or by the voices of those non- diabetics who suggested I was taking it all too seriously. Eventually and without really paying attention, I have given in to both.

It HAS to be taken seriously!!!!

So just wanted to say hello everyone and to anyone on the forum who recognises me - and I look forward to getting back in the groove!

CathyN

Reactions: 8 people

forge

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Getting old and everything that goes with it. All the repeats on TV. The drongos who ring me up to sell me things. Religious havens for pedophiles and war-mongers.
Hello Cathy,

You have got it all sussed congratz.

Maybe tho, you could take it to another level (even more seriously) but this time make it more interesting (less arduous).

Treat it as a new adventure and then when you slacken off it will still be good.

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't recognize you CathyN, but I do recognize what you say in your post.

I am fairly new here (22 sept 14) but I wonder to myself how long you can keep this up with out the temptations to relax come seeping in. I'm 'full on' at the moment, but I do ask myself how long will this last.

I'm sure now your are back, you will get the support from this really great forum.

Neil

Reactions: 4 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't recognize you CathyN, but I do recognize what you say in your post.

I am fairly new here (22 sept 14) but I wonder to myself how long you can keep this up with out the temptations to relax come seeping in. I'm 'full on' at the moment, but I do ask myself how long will this last.

I'm sure now your are back, you will get the support from this really great forum.

Neil

Have had times when I get complacent. Think most of us do. I stick with the forum and the guys in here usually keep me on an even keel.

So welcome back, @CathyN and do keep posting.

Reactions: 6 people

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
I am with you @CathyN, same thing happened to me. After today I am going back to basics ... we are away from home at the moment so it's not easy but needs must! Good luck!

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. As you probably know, a low-carb diet will always help us and don't be afraid to start Metformin via the GP if needed particularly if you have any excess weight as it's a good drug that many of us are on a and it helps a bit if not a miracle cure.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Hi Cathy, welcome back and well done for wanting to regain control.

Reactions: 2 people

Snowy12

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tuna,People spitting on the floor and ironing.
image.jpg
To the forum Cathy