Starting Lantus solo star with victoza and metformin

shardy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been hyperglycaemic for a few weeks and am struggling to control my levels. I am eating responsibly etc. My routine appointment with my diabetic nurse was over the phone and didn’t entirely go to plan. I wanted advice on moving to hflc diet (this seemed to make her a little angry - they don’t approve of keto in any shape or form)

I have been told to start on insulin to bring down these levels. But that was it. My GP has been thoroughly confused as no type of insulin or dose was mentioned.

We now know I am being started on 16 units of Lantus solostar to be combined with my victoza and metformin.

Has anyone been on this combination before and have any advice

My poor sugary little brain is very confused at the moment. I really am feeling the higher levels and am keeping an eye on my ketones like a good girl.

My main worry is am I going down a slippery slope medication wise?

I am type 2 diagnosed in my late twenties. A little overweight but not much more to lose and disabled. I find exercise extremely difficult as I cannot move as much as a regular person which makes weight loss all the more tricky. I don’t want to balloon on Lantus so am all a bit anxious about the new meds

Sorry for the long ramble! Any advice would be amazing. Feeling a bit lost