Statins - talk by Nick Mailer

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I always find Nick's talks very entertaining and he has a unique approach to things. Discussing cholesterol, statins, the metabolic pathway that statins disrupt to lower cholesterol and other disruptions they cause. If you haven't seen him before, worth watching - he and Ivor Cummins are good friends and Ivor has posted a couple of chats with Nick on his channel; Nick has also given talks at the Ancestral Health Symposium, Low Carb Breckenridge and other conferences.

Nick Mailer: Your Marvellous Mevalonate Machine vs the Statin Slayer:

P.S. He also wears the coolest food shirts :D

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Informative and very very scary....especially for anyone taking statins....
edit to add I wonder how many of the GP's prescribing them have any idea of how this works...

Reactions: dbr10

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I right enjoyed that one once my eyes adjusted for the glare, thank you.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think this needs a bump up.. anyone taking statins should watch it?

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
'Oh, don't worry - that's just a huge amount of cholesterol packed in there, destroying the cells - don't worry about it.' (Said ironically! Of course!)

What a hoot! (Not really, but I have to say that. Otherwise, when I think about doctors generally prescribing statins to people with diabetes, as part of standard primary care, I should cry.)

I thought at first this would be a good vid to direct folks to, who want to know more about the 'should I take statins or not?' question, and the general statin controversy. I do think Nick Mailer is a great communicator, but I would say - watch the beginning, to the point it loses you, and then fast-forward towards the end, especially at the points where the fungi enter the picture. Then you get the gist without the detail, unless of course - the detail grabs you too. And then I would say - good on ya mate! Well done.

But yes, good to see how statins are robbers of essential thingie-me-bobs in the mevalonate process. How that happens, more than just 'sharing the same pathways', which was my understanding before. Thanks again @Indy51.

Reactions: zand