Stiffness in legs arms hips

Ryann1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am a young diabetic 23 years old been diabetic for 6 years now and I am suffering bad my recent a1c was 5.6 I have severe aches in knees hips and lower back I also have body cramps with jaw cramps and shortness of breathe I have been having extensive tests done to find the cause to my problems and nothing has been found so far I am wondering does neuropathy cause stiffness and I mean extreme stiffness in lower back hips and knees I am also having difficulties walking as my legs will just give out and burn and ache terribly my last emg test 6 months ago was negative and so was my brain MRI for ms and Parkinson's I am worried as im so young but suffer with all these problems I also have a constant sand like feeling in my eyes which is painful and never goes away please someone help me

punto53

Hi Ryann
Sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly at the moment. I'm not any help but in a moment someone will come on here and will help you!! You have come on a site which will give loads of info good luck...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Ryann

I have also had problems with gritty eyes and know how unpleasant it feels. Ask your GP to refer you to the eye clinic at your hospital and they should be able to sort you out with eye drops and lubricants. It sounds like you have dry eyes, which happens when something goes wrong with the tear film that covers your eyes.

Sorry I can't help with your other aches and pains but hopefully someone will be along soon with some advice.

Hope you get it sorted soon.