Still floundering and fed up!!

K

koukla

Yes I will make an effort but I've never eaten a lot. Now, if I was allowed my favourite Lemon Meringue Pie, I would definitely have a slice but I know what the result would be the next morning so I won't go near it and it won't cause me any angst. Luckily my children have flown the nest so they don't see what I eat but when they ask, I'm totally honest with them and they're pretty appalled.

No, I haven't found that in the App. It would seem I'm as bad with knowing how to use them as I am in knowing where to post on this forum!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I will make an effort but I've never eaten a lot. Now, if I was allowed my favourite Lemon Meringue Pie, I would definitely have a slice but I know what the result would be the next morning so I won't go near it and it won't cause me any angst. Luckily my children have flown the nest so they don't see what I eat but when they ask, I'm totally honest with them and they're pretty appalled.

No, I haven't found that in the App. It would seem I'm as bad with knowing how to use them as I am in knowing where to post on this forum!

Someone posted a low carb key lime pie recipe yesterday. That would easily be modified to lemon. The meringue part could be trickier of course! I'm not really into sweets, so I'd be a pretty rubbish guide in that regard. I'll have a look for the recipe for you.

K

koukla

Oooooo thank you!!! I've just made up a days food going back to January on the App. I was 132 calories in debit due to my jacket potato with butter and 4 onion rings for dinner. I didn't even factor the pork loin in. There's a lesson for me. Shock!!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oooooo thank you!!! I've just made up a days food going back to January on the App. I was 132 calories in debit due to my jacket potato with butter and 4 onion rings for dinner. I didn't even factor the pork loin in. There's a lesson for me. Shock!!

It's amazing how many of us hardly eat a thing........ ;):angelic:

That's not any form of reprimand, but a reminder we all got our calories from somewhere.

K

koukla

Isn't it just!! Naughty Helen. I hadn't a clue yet I've been asking myself how I've suddenly lost all this weight when I didn't eat much before. I actually didn't eat much before, it was WHAT I ate! :/

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
May be not much in volume but dense in calories. I am guilty of that

K

koukla

May I say a big thank you to all who have helped me in different ways today. This morning I was in the depths of despair and very tearful. I also apologise for posting in the wrong place. However, after all the help, including the App, I feel so much better. I can face tomorrow now but I couldn't this morning. You are all very kind. Thank you. Helen

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
lol don't be sad. Nothing can be gained in regrets we are where we are and the future awaits us with experiences available every moment. I turned my life around and so have most on here as will you.

PS if you are going to test your bloods etc you can use my app (link in my signature) to help you

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I agree with Totto's post that you may need to get tested for GAD and c-peptide i.e. for Late onset T1 LADA. This assumes you are reasonably slim and struggling to keep blood sugar down despite low-carbing. Your fasting level looked OK to me so we need to know more about your 2 hour after meal tests. It's worth buying some strips yourself if you need more. Fasting tests are not as useful as tests associated with meals due to the Dawn Phenomenon. LADA can come on at any age but is more common the younger you are. As I have found over the years if your diabetes isn't due to a poor diet then medication will be needed at some point and may progress eventually to insulin; that's life.

K

koukla

Thank you. I will buy more testing strips from Glycogen and I'll do a test after my dinner tonight. I'm certainly not fat. Size 12 skinny jeans hang off me. Yes, with all the other conditions I have, I've learnt that's life but it occasionally sickens me when people I know personally, pig out on junk food, are vastly overweight, drink enormous amounts of alcohol and suffer nothing....but then life isn't fair is it?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I will buy more testing strips from Glycogen and I'll do a test after my dinner tonight. I'm certainly not fat. Size 12 skinny jeans hang off me. Yes, with all the other conditions I have, I've learnt that's life but it occasionally sickens me when people I know personally, pig out on junk food, are vastly overweight, drink enormous amounts of alcohol and suffer nothing....but then life isn't fair is it?

Some people do get lucky. Or maybe some of them are just lucky for now...........

K

koukla

4.8 before eating and that's the lowest I've been since I started at the end of March. Maybe all the help today took the stress levels down. I'm super surprised and happy at that one!