Stopped smoking again

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Thank you.
I admit I am struggling big time with stopping smoking
Keep struggling Ally it's the only way you'll get there.

Reactions: ally1

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It will get easier if you stop for a week or two the third week becomes easier and so on. I used to smoke a lot and tried giving up the first time my children spent their pocket money to buy me a pack because without realising it I had become short tempered. No Chance back to smoking. several other well intentioned attempts to stop by cutting down bit by bit all Failed miserably. Then came NICOTINE PATCHES I started using them and they kept falling off . I remember one morning getting up to find the patch had come of in the night I started to reach for a new one Paused and thought why do I need this. and have not had a cigarette since over 30 years, pre diabetes .

if you are controlling your Diabetes you ARE Strong Willed You can stop smoking as this also requires a Strong Willed person Best of luck keep it up and beware the peron who says as with Diabetes oh go on one wont hurt. That's when you need your Strength

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
It will get easier if you stop for a week or two the third week becomes easier and so on. I used to smoke a lot and tried giving up the first time my children spent their pocket money to buy me a pack because without realising it I had become short tempered. No Chance back to smoking. several other well intentioned attempts to stop by cutting down bit by bit all Failed miserably. Then came NICOTINE PATCHES I started using them and they kept falling off . I remember one morning getting up to find the patch had come of in the night I started to reach for a new one Paused and thought why do I need this. and have not had a cigarette since over 30 years, pre diabetes .

if you are controlling your Diabetes you ARE Strong Willed You can stop smoking as this also requires a Strong Willed person Best of luck keep it up and beware the peron who says as with Diabetes oh go on one wont hurt. That's when you need your Strength
This morning I can actually say that I Don, t fancy a smoke. This is a first for me.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
This morning I can actually say that I Don, t fancy a smoke. This is a first for me.
Way to go! Keep posting your updates. There are plenty of ex-smokers that can help you.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Thank you
Be honest Ally with yourself and everyone else.
If you have one drag or one pack or give upp giving up again tell the world.
That honesty will start to help you.
I remember lying hiding brushing my teeth using TCP spraying the car!
With TCP!
Like an alcoholic hiding the booze.
Doesn't matter how many times you fail own it.
Keep at it Ally.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Be honest Ally with yourself and everyone else.
If you have one drag or one pack or give upp giving up again tell the world.
That honesty will start to help you.
I remember lying hiding brushing my teeth using TCP spraying the car!
With TCP!
Like an alcoholic hiding the booze.
Doesn't matter how many times you fail own it.
Keep at it Ally.
I can honestly say I have not had a sneaky one at all yesterday. Not got any in the house.
Though I could or may at some point have one

Reactions: jay hay-char

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
In January, I tried to stop smoking and failed miserably. I also tried again a few times during the year.
This morning, I had two cigs left, smoked them and thought that I had better go and but some more. I just couldn"t be bothered to go out in the pouring rain so thought, sod it just don't but any. So far so good and not really craving as much as I thought
Well done @ally1 .☺

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
Thank you.
I found it a challenge when I visited my mum this morning as she is a smoker.
I found that if I'm around smokers, it doesn't bother me until the next day. It's like your body gets a reminder and tries to talk you into it. So hold on to your resolve. That too will pass. Hopefully you also noted how your clothes smelled afterwards, and hopefully you didn't like it.