Stratford-upon-avon 29th April meet up

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So a diabetic meet up will take place in Stratford on the 29th @Juicyj @covknit and myself should all be in attendance.

Location TBC - anyone know it who can suggest? or my throw in is the theater outside (weather dependent)

Reactions: Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
All good here - we could do coffee house or river let's see how the weather is ? I can wear my bright blue JDRF t-shirt !! (will also have my daughter in tow).

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If it's a warm day I can wear my 'powered by insulin' vest top :)

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
In a few weeks we could do this https://www.rsc.org.uk/events/the-dell but at the time of writing the programme does not seem to be advertised. What do people want to do? Rampage around the town, shop, watch the river go by (gardens at the back of the theatre/otherside of river by car parkor play area /greenway, visit "attractions" can be expensive, arrive by train (the station is a little way out of town but we could meet the train and meander together) or just meet at the bridge (more for a sunny day). The last time we were there we went to the Slaughterhouse museum. There are other more well known historic venues.

Reactions: Rosiegough_

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
In a few weeks we could do this https://www.rsc.org.uk/events/the-dell but at the time of writing the programme does not seem to be advertised. What do people want to do? Rampage around the town, shop, watch the river go by (gardens at the back of the theatre/otherside of river by car parkor play area /greenway, visit "attractions" can be expensive, arrive by train (the station is a little way out of town but we could meet the train and meander together) or just meet at the bridge (more for a sunny day). The last time we were there we went to the Slaughterhouse museum. There are other more well known historic venues.

I've a feeling I may be going to see Ed sheeran that evening so I wont be staying all day. Does anyone mind dogs? I would quite like to bring Cooper :D

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
Where I was born and bred x

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Had a bit of a brainwave as to a handy meeting place for car and bus users. http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/stratfordparkandride
Have to admit I have not used it myself so no questions please but theoretically it seems workable enough. If it helps I am on for checking it out in practice as I may be the closest at 20 miles away.

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had a bit of a brainwave as to a handy meeting place for car and bus users. http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/stratfordparkandride
Have to admit I have not used it myself so no questions please but theoretically it seems workable enough. If it helps I am on for checking it out in practice as I may be the closest at 20 miles away.
I used it a couple of years back with my grandparents. Seems reasonable it drops at the top of town or on the highstreet.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@Juicyj and @BeccyB

Apologies we need to postpone tomorrow, @covknit has had something come up and Cooper is very poorly :(

Not sure I can go ed either

Heya that's a shame - I was just looking at the weather thinking if it would be inside or outside, no worries, can we re-schedule ? I am doing a charity walk for JDRF over the next month so look at June 10th ? :)

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
@covknit @BeccyB does 10th of june suit you both? works for me @Juicyj
June 10 good for me. Sorry about the last minute but I am desperate to get my leg fixed and this cancellation is the first response received since the GP promised me a scan a month ago. Only ultrasound and I was expecting CT but first step towards being able to walk properly again. Hope all is well with Cooper.