Stress - can’t get sugars down

ExtremelyW0rried

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’ve been up since 3am with my daughter who has a sickness bug - which no doubt I will also get now.
Still better now than in three weeks time on my course day. I don’t know what I’d do if it happened then. That worries me as well. I couldn’t leave her with anyone today - she’s still being sick and wants me and besides I wouldn’t want to risk anyone else catching it.
Blood sugar sky high but the early get up really won’t have helped. Usually my basals go up at 6am to combat getting up and the dawn phenomena.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope your daughter gets over it quickly. And that you don’t get it. I assume you have plans for sick days if you do? As a type 2 I have very limited knowledge of insulin but are you familiar and comfortable adjusting doses etc both for the potential sick days inbound and the spikes you’re having from anxiety? If not I’d say that’s a priority to get sorted. If so are you implementing it?

If you or your child is ill on the day I’d find a phone number call in sick and rearrange (or worse case pay the original fine). Neither are the end of the world just a nuisance and must happen all the time on these things. If you can’t bring yourself to do either couldn’t your husband stay with her whilst you do the course? Hopefully you’ll all be bug free and it’s a non issue.