1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Struggling, always struggling.

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Liverpoolinot, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Liverpoolinot

Liverpoolinot Type 1 · Member

Still awake and slowly climbing back up the blood sugar ladder. I know these numbers probably don't mean much to most, but their ruling/ruining my life and I'm tired and I'm angry and so utterly at a loss. I feel so alone. [​IMG]

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. msmi1970

msmi1970 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

so sorry that you are going through this. hang in there. if you want to chat i am online now.

3. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

@Liverpoolinot Hey - just wanted to see if you are ok today ?

Is this this a regular thing for you ?

Let us know you are ok ;)

4. Daibell

Daibell LADA · Master

Hi. Can you let us know a bit more about your insulin regime and whether you get good support from the your surgery or clinic in balancing your insulins. Are you carb-counting?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

Hi Toni
    have seen your other topics on here and I know you are feeling alone.:(
    I know I am not in your desired age range ( me = 57 :eek::D ) and I don't live that close to you , but if you wanted to bring Jake with you , I could bring my wife with me and meet up with you at cheshire oaks ( midway between us ).
    there is a pret a manger here that do ok coffee's

6. james122

james122 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I am sorry that you are going through this, I do understand what it's like when you want your blood sugar levels to be in control but they just don't get there. I am currently having problems with high blood sugar levels and that makes me feel very down and upset and sometimes make me feel like diabetes is rulling my life.
    I know you may not want to but I do think you need to contact your diabetes team if you haven't already.

You can always private message me if you feel the need.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Liverpoolinot

Liverpoolinot Type 1 · Member

Hi All,
    Thankyou for your words of encouragement. A bad night turned into a bad week and I've been trying to turn it round.
    It's good to have a place to vent or find comfort. I really appreciate it.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook