Struggling with my diabetes.

Demijocolc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been a type one diabetic for 5 years, I am on the pump and I used to get along with it really well. This year I have my remaining GCSE's and I'm really struggling to cope with managing my blood levels. I know I have to look after myself but I seem to not care? I don't look after myself and I was wondering if anyone has had this problem? Also how they got over it?
Thanks

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I have been a type one diabetic for 5 years, I am on the pump and I used to get along with it really well. This year I have my remaining GCSE's and I'm really struggling to cope with managing my blood levels. I know I have to look after myself but I seem to not care? I don't look after myself and I was wondering if anyone has had this problem? Also how they got over it?
Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I have been diagnosed 5 years and on a pump too, I don't have the pressure of GCSE's though, but if I did I would try and find a way to release some of the stress associated, so take a long walk or do some exercise, if your not doing this already, try and talk to someone around you about what each day is like and how you are coping. I know exams are stressful so managing both is a lot to handle, talking about how you are coping will help but try and set aside some time to manage your pump and insulin, keeping a good range will help you cope better mentally for your exams, try a mindfulness breathing exercise from YouTube too , good luck ;)

Demijocolc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I have been diagnosed 5 years and on a pump too, I don't have the pressure of GCSE's though, but if I did I would try and find a way to release some of the stress associated, so take a long walk or do some exercise, if your not doing this already, try and talk to someone around you about what each day is like and how you are coping. I know exams are stressful so managing both is a lot to handle, talking about how you are coping will help but try and set aside some time to manage your pump and insulin, keeping a good range will help you cope better mentally for your exams, try a mindfulness breathing exercise from YouTube too , good luck ;)
Hello,
thankyou, I recently give up netball which helped relieve my stress so I will start to fit in exercise throughout my week! I really appreciate your comments! Thankyou so much x