Struggling with numbers

ashbash28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, this was my first day of doing a couple of blood monitor tests! I don't really know what is good/what isn't. My hba1c at the end of November was 59..which I'm trying to get under 50 by February. I had a pizza yesterday and felt so bad for it all day today! Pains everywhere and thought I was dying so won't do that again! But my blood sugars were 6.5 on fasting and 6.3 after dinner tonight...is that high? I'm just new to all this and wondered what I should be trying to have as a target for hopefully having an okay review in February. Thanks :)

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
You are doing very well indeed @ashbash28 ! The targets as I understand it that are set by NICE are for 4-7 before a meal and under 8.5 after a meal.
Just wish mine were always as good!!

Reactions: ashbash28

ashbash28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @Rachox and @miahara! It is only one day though but here's hoping it continues... :) I know I need to test more to see different times etc but I'm sure I'll get used to it all soon! :)

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
The information I use (can't remember where I found it) is to try to keep meals within a 1.7 range. So if your pre-meal reading was 5.0, your reading should be less than 6.7 one hour after meal and of course less than the one hour reading two hours later.

Reactions: Alison Campbell

ashbash28

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Since having a few naughty bits over Christmas and new year my levels have gone to around 7.5-9 at the highest. I really hope I can bring them down as I know those values are not great :/