Struggling

Kirstyyyy4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I'm kirsty and I'm 15, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 2011 and recently I've been really struggling with it. I'm getting tired of talking injections and that makes me not want to test my blood cause I know it's high and will give me a bad reading. I currently have a clinic visit in 3 days and I don't want to go cause I haven't tested my sugars much recently or took any control. I don't know what to do and was wondering if anyone can relate?

G

gymnastmatthew

Hi, I'm kirsty and I'm 15, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 2011 and recently I've been really struggling with it. I'm getting tired of talking injections and that makes me not want to test my blood cause I know it's high and will give me a bad reading. I currently have a clinic visit in 3 days and I don't want to go cause I haven't tested my sugars much recently or took any control. I don't know what to do and was wondering if anyone can relate?
hi kirsty im matthew im here if u need to talk to anyone i know how it feel i know its hard but we have to keep fighing im always here if u need anyone to talk too

Mrsass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Kirsty, I can totally relate I was much the same at your age, please be honest with your diabetes team when you go this week and tell them how you feel about everything, I didn't and thought I could deal with it myself and I couldn't, they are there to help and support you and believe me it won't be the first time they have heard that kind of story, I know it will be a bit scary but they will understand.
Please do try your best to take your injections as it may cause damage to you in the future as well as the higher readings you know you will be getting at the minute,

Abbie X

Kirstyyyy4

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you everyone for the help, it means a lot knowing I'm not the only one. X

sandra curtis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
As Galja suggests get testing now recording your results + take your injections on time and eat the food that's been recommended.Do start now.You should never be judged if you have let things slip out of control.Your Doctors will always know if your Hba1c is not in target.Be honest with yourself and everyone thats trying to help you take control. Your Doctors and nurses have seen and heard it all before.They will admire your courage. Some of us have been teenagers with diabetes. Good luck and let us know what your Doctors say!