Stuck in a bad web

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Nessa,
I never left off my insulin completely, but I had lots of times feeling down about diabetes when I would eat and drink carelessly, delay injections, not test - because I couldn't face seeing rotten results. I took inspiration from other people with diabetes. Who else? If they can do it, maybe I can. I had forgotten what it was like to feel well. Maybe you have too. It sounds like it - the exhaustion, heavy legs, extreme thirst not quenched ever, and especially never by the things you want to drink. These are all because of your dangerously high blood sugar. You can turn this round and start to feel well again. Start now with small steps: fizzy water is great and insulin is a lifesaver. Choose the road to recovery with the aim of feeling well, having a spring in your step and wanting to live life. Thinking of you.

Reactions: nessa1970

nessa1970

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@nessa1970

I just want to give you a really big hug! We all have bad times with this, you just need to focus on the small steps to take you in the right direction.

I started skipping injections a few years ago. I still took the insulin but I just took more as one injection so I didn't have to do it all the time.
I switched to an insulin pump a couple of years ago, yes you have to insert a cannula but it's only one every few days and it ticks over in the background and does it's thing.

Maybe this is something you can talk to your DSN about?

I hope things improve for you Hun

X

Thank you very much for your kind words
I am clear headed now my bs are better and I am walking ahead slowly adding in more things as I go
Cheers an have s great weekend