Stuck in France with RH

Zahidkhan

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Bonjour and Hello,
I need to plan my meal, is there anyone here who has been to France or living there. French Language is making it hell for me to find correct stuff here for me.
Thanks

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bonjour and Hello,
I need to plan my meal, is there anyone here who has been to France or living there. French Language is making it hell for me to find correct stuff here for me.
Thanks
Can you not use Google translate?

Zahidkhan

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
I do all the time. But its vvv difficult to find what I need

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
snails and frogs legsare pretty low in carbs.

Zahidkhan

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
What food do you need? Isn’t France the perfect place to live for a LCHF diet?
Yes it is mam but i end up buying stuff which will at the end contain something which I don't need. I am running here on trial and error. It starts from morning cereals to protein shakes and bars. I want a perfect solution and diet plan of the the things available here. I find plans which are of UK and 90% of the stuff isn't available here or branded with different names.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes it is mam but i end up buying stuff which will at the end contain something which I don't need. I am running here on trial and error. It starts from morning cereals to protein shakes and bars. I want a perfect solution and diet plan of the the things available here. I find plans which are of UK and 90% of the stuff isn't available here or branded with different names.

What sort of things do you need? I thought that eating carbs with RH isn’t a good idea so anything with an ingredient list is best avoided isn’t it?

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Move away from the 'brands' Any supermarket has a wealth of fresh produce, fish, meat and cheese, yoghurts (brasse are like greek yoghurt, just check to see if it is non sweetened; ie sans sucre ajouté, vegetables; just avoid the patisserie section. The markets are also good;though sometimes expensive. There are fewer ready made products since most French people (perhaps outside the big cities) don't eat them.
Breakfast cereals in France are very high sugar, probably more so than the UK. They are (sadly) aimed at children. The traditional breakfast of bread dipped in coffee or chocolate (or indeed croissants )is probably also not for you a good idea. But as long as you aren't in a hotel, there are plenty of protein alternatives in the supermarket.(not shakes, things like ham, cheese, eggs, avocados, smoked fish
If you eat bread avoid baguettes (french sticks) and choose pain de campagne (made with less processed flour and sourdough) or pain de noix (walnut bread)

Last edited:

Hotpepper20000

Last time I was in France I remember the vast choices of cheese, cured meat and olives. Perfect for low carb.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

Last time we were in France there was lots of fish and crustaceans.

Cheese and meat was plentiful, as well as stacks of salad and vegetables.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Personally as an RH er, I would recommend fresh food, especially on offer is different meats, vegetables and especially dairy. I would avoid any branded food.

Best wishes

Reactions: Hotpepper20000