Studies On First And Second Phase Insulin Secretion

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Urban noise, environmental destruction
Have anyone come across any studies as to which phase worsen first in the development of type 2 diabetes?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Have anyone come across any studies as to which phase worsen first in the development of type 2 diabetes?

Depending on the individual, it is usually the first insulin response.
I do not have any studies to show you. I wish I did.
I have had five extended oral glucose tolerance tests.
Every time, my initial response was very weak because of the beta cells, through the conversion to glucose. It was this weak response that rocketed my blood glucose levels, in particular, starchy vegetables, grains, cereal crops and lactose. Fructose is not as bad, but not by much.

With my condition, my pancreas, has a secondary response which does not stop even though the glucose is used up, I go hypo!

In some T2s, because of insulin resistance, high levels of circulating insulin and high levels of glucose, the need for more insulin is the reason, eating too many carbs and sugars is not a good idea!
It is ridiculous that insulin levels are not tested, as this can be a warning sign a lot earlier than hba1c, fasting blood tests can be shown to be causing a medical problem.

I have had a scientific research paper published, about using a diabetic drug to help with my initial insulin response, it is a dpp4 inhibitor, a Gliptin, this helps with production of my first insulin response. It works.
This drug is used for diabetics to improve their insulin response. It also lowers blood glucose levels, fasting levels and hba1c levels.
Reducing your carbs will also help with control, a LCHF diet will help with T2 diabetes.

Best wishes

Reactions: millenium

millenium

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Urban noise, environmental destruction
Thank you lamount for your response.

I notice the T2 patient i am taking care of, his initial response is no good at all, but from second to third hours post meal his blood glucose lowering ability is quite significant. If he takes about 10-20g carb more than what he normally takes a meal, it takes half to an hour more to normalise his bg back to below 8.5.

I read about a new uk study in the papers yesterday, it found that early T2 patients has a good chance of gettng the initial response back. But it dun seem to be the case for patient i am taking care of.