Success

sheepie123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Folks,

I joined this forum about 6 months ago and I thought I would update on my success.

I went to the DSN there in Nov/Dec and had my HBA1C taken and my weight.

Thanks to the people here for advocating carb reduction I have restricted myself to a diet of 120 carbs per day but they can be whatever carbs I want and no more than 6g of sugar in anything I eat with these carbs.

Well I asked my doctor in January for my HBA1C

Drumroll!! It was at 55 and now it is down at 40 he said technically at that level I am non diabetic and I wont get complications but unfortunately the diagnosis wont ever leave me.

He also confirmed that I had lost 23kg which is around 3 stone.

I measured my blood glucose the other day between meals and I was sitting at a steady 4.5

Thank you to everyone who gave me advice and support the weight loss and the better blood readings are amazing and I could not have done it without each and every one of you.

I still have sugar but just a very very small amount - Hopefully my weighloss is helping my pancreas.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Smashing! Keep up the great work.

Reactions: ziggy_w

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! It’s great here isn’t it? :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Brilliant. Well done.

I'm back onto round 2 of my weight loss aim. It's going to take a few years but hoping bariatric surgery can beat my complications in their tracks. I need all the help I can get.
Just another 9st for me to lose.

I won't be giving up now I now how to do it.

Don't ever forget how you have made this happen. Concrete it in your brain for difficult times.
You are a star!

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X
Hi Folks,

I joined this forum about 6 months ago and I thought I would update on my success.

I went to the DSN there in Nov/Dec and had my HBA1C taken and my weight.

Thanks to the people here for advocating carb reduction I have restricted myself to a diet of 120 carbs per day but they can be whatever carbs I want and no more than 6g of sugar in anything I eat with these carbs.

Well I asked my doctor in January for my HBA1C

Drumroll!! It was at 55 and now it is down at 40 he said technically at that level I am non diabetic and I wont get complications but unfortunately the diagnosis wont ever leave me.

He also confirmed that I had lost 23kg which is around 3 stone.

I measured my blood glucose the other day between meals and I was sitting at a steady 4.5

Thank you to everyone who gave me advice and support the weight loss and the better blood readings are amazing and I could not have done it without each and every one of you.

I still have sugar but just a very very small amount - Hopefully my weighloss is helping my pancreas.
Fantastic xx

D

Deleted member 371625

Well done, my own first few months were quite similar.
When I didn't want t lose any more weight (down from 17 to 11 stone) and with steady FBG of 4.5 like yours, I have been able to increase carbs gradually from 120 to 180g/day without increasing my BG values. have maintained my exercise levels though and believe this to be the most important factor.
Well done again.