Fantastic results @Rachox!So my GP was pleased with my blood test results. He was impressed that my HbA1c was only up a tiny bit after my chest infection, foot op and steroid shot in December. He did do that hilarious thing another couple of Forumites have mentioned and said I shouldn’t let it go much lower!My cholesterol results which are better have made him back off a bit about the statins, just a fleeting mention followed by a discussion about Qrisk-3 which is being introduced this year, it has more tick boxes but actually gives me a more favourable score. He was also happy enough with my blood pressure readings to let me stop one BP med., Amlodipine which can raise blood sugars, so if my blood sugars do drop I might be able to reduce my Metformin too. Back in a month for review
Also I finally plucked up the courage to ask if he would put test strips on prescription and was met with the expected “no”!
Well done @Rachox well earned achievements and good to see it acknowledged - love the don’t let it go lower comment. Sure , like me, you frequently get the comment “ don’t you think you can lose too much weight? And one I doubt you hear “ as you get older you can’t afford to lose too much weight! Love that one it’s my mum’s fave comment ........So my GP was pleased with my blood test results. He was impressed that my HbA1c was only up a tiny bit after my chest infection, foot op and steroid shot in December. He did do that hilarious thing another couple of Forumites have mentioned and said I shouldn’t let it go much lower!My cholesterol results which are better have made him back off a bit about the statins, just a fleeting mention followed by a discussion about Qrisk-3 which is being introduced this year, it has more tick boxes but actually gives me a more favourable score. He was also happy enough with my blood pressure readings to let me stop one BP med., Amlodipine which can raise blood sugars, so if my blood sugars do drop I might be able to reduce my Metformin too. Back in a month for review
Also I finally plucked up the courage to ask if he would put test strips on prescription and was met with the expected “no”!
Well done @Rachox well earned achievements and good to see it acknowledged - love the don’t let it go lower comment. Sure , like me, you frequently get the comment “ don’t you think you can lose too much weight? And one I doubt you hear “ as you get older you can’t afford to lose too much weight! Love that one it’s my mum’s fave comment ........
See I was right you are a superstar.. Well done!So my GP was pleased with my blood test results. He was impressed that my HbA1c was only up a tiny bit after my chest infection, foot op and steroid shot in December. He did do that hilarious thing another couple of Forumites have mentioned and said I shouldn’t let it go much lower!My cholesterol results which are better have made him back off a bit about the statins, just a fleeting mention followed by a discussion about Qrisk-3 which is being introduced this year, it has more tick boxes but actually gives me a more favourable score. He was also happy enough with my blood pressure readings to let me stop one BP med., Amlodipine which can raise blood sugars, so if my blood sugars do drop I might be able to reduce my Metformin too. Back in a month for review
Also I finally plucked up the courage to ask if he would put test strips on prescription and was met with the expected “no”!
See I was right you are a superstar.. Well done!
Nah I'm just a stroppy old curmudgeon...Thanks very muchly to the knowledge and advice from the ‘Gurus’ here, and I count you as one of those!
Nah I'm just a stroppy old curmudgeon...
Must... Try... Harder...You keep it well hidden!
So my GP was pleased with my blood test results. He was impressed that my HbA1c was only up a tiny bit after my chest infection, foot op and steroid shot in December. He did do that hilarious thing another couple of Forumites have mentioned and said I shouldn’t let it go much lower!My cholesterol results which are better have made him back off a bit about the statins, just a fleeting mention followed by a discussion about Qrisk-3 which is being introduced this year, it has more tick boxes but actually gives me a more favourable score. He was also happy enough with my blood pressure readings to let me stop one BP med., Amlodipine which can raise blood sugars, so if my blood sugars do drop I might be able to reduce my Metformin too. Back in a month for review
Also I finally plucked up the courage to ask if he would put test strips on prescription and was met with the expected “no”!
Excellent results helping you to get off amlodipineSo my GP was pleased with my blood test results. He was impressed that my HbA1c was only up a tiny bit after my chest infection, foot op and steroid shot in December. He did do that hilarious thing another couple of Forumites have mentioned and said I shouldn’t let it go much lower!My cholesterol results which are better have made him back off a bit about the statins, just a fleeting mention followed by a discussion about Qrisk-3 which is being introduced this year, it has more tick boxes but actually gives me a more favourable score. He was also happy enough with my blood pressure readings to let me stop one BP med., Amlodipine which can raise blood sugars, so if my blood sugars do drop I might be able to reduce my Metformin too. Back in a month for review
Also I finally plucked up the courage to ask if he would put test strips on prescription and was met with the expected “no”!
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?
We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
Do you accept cookies and these technologies?