Suddenly Having Problems Digesting Meat on Keto Diet

PiersAaron

For the last 3 1/2 weeks I have been having problems digesting meat 1. I have been on LCHF diet since August 2019. The pain has been in my right lower abdomen (dull pain which has been debilitating and preventing me from sleeping). When the pain first arose 3 1/2 weeks ago, I thought maybe I was having a problem with my appendix. After five ("5") or six ("6") days of such pain, I was sent to the emergency room for testing. Doctor ran blood tests regarding various systems including BS, WBC. RBC, pancreas function, kidney function and liver function. Also a CT scan of my abdomen was done which included injecting dye into me for some sort of kidney test. I received 15 pages of results. All results were within normal range.

When I left the emergency room, the physician told me to take Advil for the pain. And, if the pain does not resolve within two weeks then make an appointment with my GP. GP is currently out for at least another month on medical leave (she slipped on ice and broke her hand and arm). A couple of days ago, I stopped eating meat of any kind and also stopped eating cheese. Instead, I structured my meals around guacamole, cucumbers salad, tomatoes and homemade onion dip (using sour cream). Since ceasing to eat meat, about 70% to 80% of the pain has gone away.

Does anyone else have a similar situation?

If so, how did you resolve the situation?

Note 1:
I did not realize that the pain was correlated with eating meat until the last couple of days when I eliminated meat. In the past I have cured stomach issues by only eating meat. Hence, the reason it took me so long to eliminate the meat.

Last edited: