SUGAR In Colgate Plax????Soft Mint...

djharg88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Please can someone tell me, My blood sugars go 'UP' after using this mouthwash! No Food No drink and it goes upupup! this is driving me madddddddddd:):):)

MH2010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have no idea about that but have you tried changing what mouth wash you use?

I LOVE Listerine's kids mouth wash & it states on it that its sugar free. Might be worth a try.

Reactions: 2 people

djharg88

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I must! I have just checked my blood 1hr ago 12 i have had a cup of tea with 'silver spoon sweeteners' and its now 14 i am soooo p...ssed off!! do you know anyone on here who knows whats what? i am desperate this is ruining my kidney disease as it is a losing battle high high high..
Sorry for moaning but im sooooo stressed :{:{:{

Reactions: 2 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm not sure, but don't all toothpastes and mouthwash have some form of sugar in there ingredients!

I have also read somewhere, that mouthwash doesn't do much for your mouth. Better off using a toothbrush and dental floss. And having a drink of water and gargle!

Reactions: 3 people

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The dentist told me mouthwash is a complete waste of time, the only thing it does is freshen your breath and that it was actually the worst thing to do after just cleaning your teeth, said it washes away all the protection of the toothpaste you have just used. It's best not to rinse your mouth at all after cleaning just make sure you wipe your chin! Lol. If I wanted to use mouthwash to freshen my mouth in the middle of the day fine - but a sugar free gum after meals for 30 minutes will both freshen your breath and clean your teeth far better