Sugars higher!

Kittylitter

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At 21:00 my bg was 5.5, I then ate 2 boiled eggs, 22:30 bg was 5.8, then at 23:00 was 6.2 - I assumed the numbers would be lower after 2 hours post eating? Makes no sense to me - wondering why I bother.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Even in non-diabetics there is a lot of evidence that eating later can create higher blood sugars. If you tried the same meal / snack earlier you may get a lower result.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You are getting perfectly normal numbers - that is what it is all about.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
[QUI OTE="Resurgam, post: 1780021, member: 355878"]You are getting perfectly normal numbers - that is what it is all about.[/QUOTE] I was thinking the same

Kittylitter

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Even in non-diabetics there is a lot of evidence that eating later can create higher blood sugars. If you tried the same meal / snack earlier you may get a lower result.
Yes, I had the same earlier with lower numbers - shame I like being nocturnal lol.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This doesn't mean anything because the numbers are so close to each other that the variation could come from meter inaccuracy rather than actual changes in your blood sugar. You could have been 6.5 before the meal and 5.5 after but the meter showed the other way around. I do a lot of fingerpricks and find that differences of up to 1-2 mmol/L are not uncommon.

Emile_the_rat

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
6.2 mmol are not high, post meal can be up to 7.7 mmol after 2 hours in non-diabetics, so 6.2 are perfectly normal.

Kittylitter

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This doesn't mean anything because the numbers are so close to each other that the variation could come from meter inaccuracy rather than actual changes in your blood sugar. You could have been 6.5 before the meal and 5.5 after but the meter showed the other way around. I do a lot of fingerpricks and find that differences of up to 1-2 mmol/L are not uncommon.
Thank you.