Suitable keto recipes for Xmas season

Sparkle1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On the 28th December I would have been following lCHF/Keto and OMAD for 12 months and doing really well. I’ve been trying to sort the meals out for the upcoming festive season and really stressing with how I can enjoy great food ,not feel deprived and keep my BGL under control.

I don’t want to go backwards with the good progress I have already made , so, any guidance you guys can give me would be appreciated.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Can you give us an idea of what you'd like to see on table? There are a lot of keto alternatives out there

Sparkle1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m in Brisbane Australia so seafood is usually on the menu with ham / chicken and I usually make a killer potato salad but that is out I know. Salads that I can do the night before would be helpful and some desserts and sweet/savoury nibbles. Drinks ideas ???? We will probably be in the pool submerged for most of the day when we aren’t eating

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m in Brisbane Australia so seafood is usually on the menu with ham / chicken and I usually make a killer potato salad but that is out I know. Salads that I can do the night before would be helpful and some desserts and sweet/savoury nibbles. Drinks ideas ???? We will probably be in the pool submerged for most of the day when we aren’t eating
You might want to check www.dietdoctor.com , loads of ideas on there, for desserts too.

Reactions: Sparkle1953

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon

Okay, I'm down near Murwillumbah, just over the border. Most of my doctors appts are in Brisbane.... anyway, here's a few things I have book marked. Desserts and am eggnog drink.

These are all desserts and an eggnog drink.

https://www.fatforweightloss.com.au/cheats-keto-tiramisu/

https://www.fatforweightloss.com.au/keto-trifle/

https://lowcarbyum.com/egg-fast-clo...HacXprbHi9OANffQrRhltC8KJUOaSV1g1xsuj-O_ytQnc

https://www.fatforweightloss.com.au/keto-christmas-egg-nog/

https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/keto-...69f44F1V0jW6FjLuWkgHvC3Jz19dfCQV_ezeqNgBCubCA

https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/keto-...69f44F1V0jW6FjLuWkgHvC3Jz19dfCQV_ezeqNgBCubCA

https://peaceloveandlowcarb.com/ket...cNPA4OFZsJElUqTbQMlsZAG23sibt5mkgAcqDUgd9Q8dk

You can always google chaffle recipes as well, basically just cheese and egg and can be used instead of bread.

I don't have anything in the way of salad stuff, just not a salad eater myself. Can't offer anything there.

Hopefully you'll get some better suggestions there.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On the 28th December I would have been following lCHF/Keto and OMAD for 12 months and doing really well. I’ve been trying to sort the meals out for the upcoming festive season and really stressing with how I can enjoy great food ,not feel deprived and keep my BGL under control.

I don’t want to go backwards with the good progress I have already made , so, any guidance you guys can give me would be appreciated.

Take a look at this thread: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-xmassy-deliciousness.112876/

Sparkle1953

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wow, thanks for the above responses. I have some more reading to do. Yesterday I found some little crackers that have only 1.2g carb per 100g. Made from pumpkin, sesame and flax seeds. $6 for 110g . I bought a couple of packets and will do a dip and set up a plate of low carb veges and some cheeses. Because of how pricey they were, will look for another recipe that I can make myself. Had some of those Parmesan crisps awhile ago and they were delicious.
The cauliflower potato salad looks interesting, so will try that out before I experiment on my guests. I love cheesecake so will try that. Haven’t been counting calories so will do the full fat version.
Thanks also for the favourite links, will check them out later on today and put them in a safe place.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sparkle - have you consulted DrGoogle on this? I've just googled, "keto Christmas recipes" and loads come up. When typing in the search bar, an option even came up for "keto Christmas respcipes Australia" came up, whichever seemed to reflect your season, rather than our winter.

Might be worth a go?

Alwyn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

There are plenty of recipes online for low carb christmas recipes. You are not going to eat extras without it being higer than normal but that does not mean that you will not be in control. I manage to make low carb stuffing and deserts with no problem and I find all my recipes online. Enjoy the festive season and do not stress too much as this in itself will put your sugars up.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I still haven't found any christmas cake or pudding recipes that I think are a great substitute, but do make keto mince pies (cooking apple, homemade 'candied' orange peel and 'candied' cranberries plus plenty of spices, on ground almond pastry) and a sage and onion stuffing with ground almonds instead of breadcrumbs - using extra sage and grated onion.
And a 'no added sugar' trifle, made with raspberries, sugar free jelly and real egg custard.

I used to make an alcohol free mulled 'wine' for work events but now have a winter spiced tea bag instead of loads of fruit juice.

suejat

Type of diabetes
Type 2

I hadn’t done that. So obvious.
Sorry I'm so old English---- Remember that lots of traditional Christmas food relies on things like spices(mincemeat---- brilliant with nuts and low carb fruits----as long as the spices are right , and made with almond flour for the pastry of tarts or pies) and herbs---stuffing is delish made with minced meat and ground nuts, and lots of herbs.