Super noodles???

Kevyu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone tried these. Look too good to be true, but bought a pack to try.
Sainsbury £2.20
1-2 portions per pack
IMAG0210.jpg
IMAG0211.jpg

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
i wouldnt eat them only because they are devoid of nutrients. Better off eating the packaging :)

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
the Uomie noodles are good, yellow packaging in the fresh stir fry bit

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have tried Bare Naked Noodles and Oomi Noodles. Bare Naked Noodles were rather an unpleasant texture and a bit pointless as @rab5 says. Oomi noodles I would buy again if my local Tesco hadn't stopped selling them.

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They in themselves are bland but if your mixing them with a sauce they are not too bad. That said I was not aware of Oomi Noodles so will have to ry them so the bare naked may get 'shelved'

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried something made from konjac, pasta and noodles that were more or less carb free and they were the most disgusting things I have ever eaten I liken them to chewing elastic bands lol . Not sure if the same as above .

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I use konjac rice, noodles and pasta a lot, I love them! They need a really good rinse to get rid of the slightly fishy smell, but I have them with all sorts of meals while my husband and son have the regular kind. Sometimes it’s nice to eat the same meal together as a family. I think they are a very useful tool in the low carb/keto box!

Egg fried rice is a particular favourite - lots of coconut and sesame oil, seasoning and soy sauce at the end - with a stir fry, it’s one of my favourite meals.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didn't mind them but my tummy HATED them- they bunged me up completely and I got an infection because of my diverticular disease and ending up on antibiotics! :(

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with above posters - the barenaked brand are kind of nondescript and well...mush. But the Oomi ones - yum! Even my kids, who are massive pasta fans, agreed they were good. But they're expensive, so they're all mine!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven’t enjoyed any of these low carb noodles. Funnily enough I’m making a stir fry tonight. I just use extra bean sprouts, to kid the eye. More tasty than fake noodles in my opinion.

Reactions: lovinglife

Kingmidas

I tried something made from konjac, pasta and noodles that were more or less carb free and they were the most disgusting things I have ever eaten I liken them to chewing elastic bands lol . Not sure if the same as above .
I tried those for the first time at lunch today, and the whole dish went in the bin. The mouth feel is vile and I still feel sick I may have a vivid imagination but I felt like I was eating skin

rosco 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This has given me a good laugh. My partner really likes my stir fry with satay sauce. The noodles are a no no for me so I just got to try the oomi jobbies. Peanut (satay) sauce in the original contains about 2tons of sugar so I have concocted a sauce using xylitol. Not yet checked if beloved is sensitive to xylitol. That could be fun...

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I thought I would return to the thread after trying the Oomi noodles, the bare naked noodles are so shelved now! I would eat the Oomi even if i was not eating low carb.

Reactions: Prem51