SURVEY - how much can you hold?

winglets

Just asking how much does your bladder hold until you really get the urge that you need to pee?
Mine can be I reckon around 700-800ml as this is the amount I pee when I really have the urge to go. I’m assuming if you had a larger prostate then you would be going more often and urinating less each time? Is that right??

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
All I know is that I filled a two litre bottle back in the day.........;)

sugars were running high and I was out and about in the van.......had to jump in the back.....the relief was heavenly......goosebumps, the lot.....

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You have to fill a massive container with 24hrs worth of pee when they are doing creatinine: somethingelse ratios as pert of checking kidney function and also when they are checking calcium excretion rates as part of checking for hyperparathyroidism cant think of any other reason
Mind you thinking back to my younger days, I brisfly had a boyfriend who used to drink his pee as part of some health kick - my refusal to Join him was a bit of a killer for the relationship

winglets

I'm just curious really as I'm having some funny urination patterns.

I know what you drink isn't always proportionate to what you pee but there are times when I'm peeing soon after I already peed. That's what confuses me despite not really having much to drink. However I'm talking like 2/3/4 hours, not like 30 min intervals. So for example...

Yesterday, I slept ok and didn't even pee when I woke up in the morning. At work I reckon I drank around 700ml (tea/coffee) and I did NOT feel the urge to pee but I was curious to see how much I'd void. Hardly anything came out - maybe 150ml and this is my first void for almost 12 hours! How is that even possible!? I drank some more later in the day (about another 1.3l perhaps - tea/coffee/water) then I voided around 500ml. Then 2 hours later, I'll had this slight urge which developed into a stronger urge and l ended up voiding around 700ml despite NOT DRINKING that much (150ml) in these 2 hours. So why the retention? This is what I don't get. I've always had a strong bladder and don't feel the need to pee until I'm around 700-800ml. I believe this is still the case but I seem to be experiencing some kind of strange delayed urination pattern?

Also sometimes after I've peed, I'll get this very strange sensation come over me and I'll start to feel very anxious and on edge. It's really strange.

Lampman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't know if its my age or to do with T2, but I have seen similar daytime patterns. Always the first thing I do when I get up though. Sometimes I need to go a couple of times in an hour, then not for several hours. The need to go can be quite sudden, but I do not have prostate problems so its not a case of frequent but little. The only time I know I will need to go is about an hour after a cup of coffee.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@winglets You have started countless threads about your urine problems. You don't even have diabetes. This is a diabetes forum. Perhaps you should look elsewhere for advice ..... a doctor??

Reactions: Deb1million

winglets

I don't know if its my age or to do with T2, but I have seen similar daytime patterns. Always the first thing I do when I get up though. Sometimes I need to go a couple of times in an hour, then not for several hours. The need to go can be quite sudden, but I do not have prostate problems so its not a case of frequent but little. The only time I know I will need to go is about an hour after a cup of coffee.

That's interesting. What do you think the reason for this is then, in your case? I'm guessing it's just that if you drink loads then naturally it's not going to come out all at once because the average human bladder can hold up to max 800ml-1l perhaps. I know I have a large bladder that can hold around 800ml usually. So say I drink 1.5l, I'm not going to urinate exactly that amount in one go right? Like today for example, I woke up an hour after I fell asleep and felt that strange sensation for a few minutes before it pretty much disappeared.

At around 3am I voided 700ml, then around 400ml at 7:45am as I leaving for work.
I drank around 1.25 litres before lunch then voided 750ml.
After lunch I had drank roughly 1.5l and then voided 800ml soon after.
But here’s the thing, after this I did NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DRINK and ended up voiding another 700ml!

The only thing sometimes though is that I occasionally feel a little off after I peed, like “on edge” almost rather anxious and not quite myself. Can’t quite describe it. Then other times where I feel totally normal. Comes and goes.

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mind you thinking back to my younger days, I brisfly had a boyfriend who used to drink his pee as part of some health kick - my refusal to Join him was a bit of a killer for the relationship

Kind of understandable.... :yuck:

D

Deleted member 308541

Depending on the day, I can drink around five or six 285ml beers before I have to urinate, I can nearly cut a urinal block in half with the stream. Other day's I can be a two beer urinater.

This is with a seventy three year old bladder that has been abused over this period of time.

You can get your GP to send you to a Urologist if you are concerned about your urinary functions.

Edit: Typo's and clarity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lampman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's interesting. What do you think the reason for this is then, in your case? I'm guessing it's just that if you drink loads then naturally it's not going to come out all at once because the average human bladder can hold up to max 800ml-1l perhaps. I know I have a large bladder that can hold around 800ml usually. So say I drink 1.5l, I'm not going to urinate exactly that amount in one go right? Like today for example, I woke up an hour after I fell asleep and felt that strange sensation for a few minutes before it pretty much disappeared.

At around 3am I voided 700ml, then around 400ml at 7:45am as I leaving for work.
I drank around 1.25 litres before lunch then voided 750ml.
After lunch I had drank roughly 1.5l and then voided 800ml soon after.
But here’s the thing, after this I did NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DRINK and ended up voiding another 700ml!

The only thing sometimes though is that I occasionally feel a little off after I peed, like “on edge” almost rather anxious and not quite myself. Can’t quite describe it. Then other times where I feel totally normal. Comes and goes.

I do drink enough, but not excessively. I really don't know what its all about, but it has been inconvenient (pun intended) at times when I have gone once, then gone out to the shop and need to go again! I will try and spot any patterns.