sweets

richard256

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being on call
I'VE NO IDEA WHY,BUT SINCE CHRISTMAS I'VE BEEN EATING CAKES CHOCOLATE MAPLE SYROP,ALL STUFF THAT SHOULD BE BAD FOR ME,TYPE 2
BuT IT'S BECOMING AN ADDICTION. MY QUESTION . IS WHY IS IT NOT MAKING ME ILL,HELP PLEASE.RICHARD

Lilliepop

I'VE NO IDEA WHY,BUT SINCE CHRISTMAS I'VE BEEN EATING CAKES CHOCOLATE MAPLE SYROP,ALL STUFF THAT SHOULD BE BAD FOR ME,TYPE 2
BuT IT'S BECOMING AN ADDICTION. MY QUESTION . IS WHY IS IT NOT MAKING ME ILL,HELP PLEASE.RICHARD
You and me both I'm in the same situation I just can't stop eating chocolate. Every day I say today I'm not eating anything sweet but I always put it off until tomorrow..Anyone got any good ideas? My sugar levels are good but don't know how. But I'm pre diabetic still have to stick to low carb.

Reactions: 2 people

richard256

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being on call
HI THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY,NOT JUST ME THEN,DID YOU HAVE THING FOR CHOCOLATE BEFORE YOU WERE PRE DIABETIC? I DIDN'T,AND STRANGER STILL THE WEIGHT HAS DROPED OF ME WAS 14.5 stn IN October NOW 10.7 YOU'VE MADE ME PECISH NOW,OFF GET MY CHOCOLATE ORANGE NOW!! Best regards Richard

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Are you measuring your blood sugar with a meter? What sort of diet are you on? Note that you may not feel unwell with very high blood sugar; I didn't but the harm is being done so let us know what your blood sugar readings are like

Reactions: 4 people

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I felt fine until my fingers went numb.

Check your sugar levels and let us know what they are

Reactions: 6 people

Lilliepop

HI THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY,NOT JUST ME THEN,DID YOU HAVE THING FOR CHOCOLATE BEFORE YOU WERE PRE DIABETIC? I DIDN'T,AND STRANGER STILL THE WEIGHT HAS DROPED OF ME WAS 14.5 stn IN October NOW 10.7 YOU'VE MADE ME PECISH NOW,OFF GET MY CHOCOLATE ORANGE NOW!! Best regards Richard
I have always liked chocolate, but now I can't eat it or only a small bit I have to eat it more. I'm really trying today but it's still early.

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
the bounty bites are yum and so easy to make . ive also done mini snickers using chopped dates . but the fuge turned out like moose :( if u want recipies im happy to help. the only other thing i enjoy has been suger free jelly with added gelatine put in ice cube trays come out nice chewy x