SWINE FLU THREAD

shires82

I had the swine flu vaccine yesterday. After about 4 hours got a splitting headache and a bit of pain in the arm. Today I feel like I have been punched really hard in the arm and also feel very tired, lethargic and a bit dizzy. Can't concentrate very well in work.
Hopefully will pass soon. Better than getting swine flu I guess.

Shazza

Son had swine flu and seasonal flu jab late this afternoon, so far he has sore arms and is very cold, bs hasnt changed so far, will see how tomorrow goes

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Had the vaccine lunch time yesterday after 3 weeks of weighing up the pros and cons, I was still undecided when the needle went in :lol:

Numbers up very slightly yesterday but I did snack a lot so probably my fault so no real problems so far.

Shazza

Sons bs has been increasing he,s normally between 4 and 7 most of the time, yesterday he was 10,s and just now 15 :shock: hoping it comes down this afternoon, he,s not feeling well so doing no exercise either.

smillingjimmyc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
hi,
Had the vaccine jab yesterday and felt unwell(and very cold) last night and this morning,arm feels like its been punched.Looking at previous posts this seems to be the norm, though had normal flu jab this year and in the past without any reaction at all.Does not seem to have affected bs levels to any great degree.

Kansenji

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being obese.
I had the H1N1 Swine Influenza vaccine two days ago & had no reaction at all; the injection site just feels a little tender if I press it. Even my wife has had much less of a reaction than she had with the seasonal Influenza vaccine. :)

Kastrian

I had my flu and swine flu Jab this afternoon, too soon to tell if I get side effects but fingers crossed I don't :D

chappo25

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, nurse administered swine flu injection then took bs level.Reading was 17.7... day later readings down to 10.1. Dont know if the injection had any effect on the reading, all i know is that i have a sore arm..
This is my first post so Hi to all.. :D

Shazza

Son has been unwell since flu jabs last fri, his bs has been all over the place mostly in the afternoons he,s up at 18 where he would norm be 4 or 5 :shock: maybe he,s been unwell because its his 1st flu jabs and he got them both at the same time, anyone else had symptoms last this long?

norseman

Dislikes
Swede !
Swine Flu vaccine

I am a member of several pagan/wiccan forums and the big question raging, in a very heated manner, is the Swine Flu shot. There seems to be no middle ground - some are for, and some violently opposed. Accusations of conspiracies, dubious "evidence" in U-Tube videos, etc.

Being double risk [age and cardiac problems], I have had mine - non-event !
Anyone got any feelings on this subject ?

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Had flu jab along with T1 son 4 wks ago, and we were both to get the swine flu jab yesterday, unfortunately i have come down with flu like symptons, mildish, but still feel like ****! Working in a playgroup and wipping snotty noses all day probably helped contribute to it, all those germs! Will make another appointment for swine flu jab, at this rate we'll never get it, 2nd time i've cancelled, 1st time Andrew had tummy bug.
Take care,
Suzi x

Kastrian

I had my flu and swine flu jags a few days ago, feeling altogether unwell. Arms are hurting a lot and I can't stop sweating. just generally feeling icky :cry:

PatrickSutton

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Burnt cheese, crispy bacon, avocados
I had my swine flu jab yesterday afternoon. No problems apart from slight soreness at the injection site. I was also given my pneumococcal vaccination in the other arm, and that has caused more discomfort than the swine flu one!

Shazza

Kastrian said:
I had my flu and swine flu jags a few days ago, feeling altogether unwell. Arms are hurting a lot and I can't stop sweating. just generally feeling icky :cry:

hi did you have both at same time?

steveamos1234

I've had the normal flu jab for the last 6 or 7 years without any issues. Had the swine flu jab last Saturday, with the only side effect being a very, very sore arm for two to three days. Never had this before, but could easily be down to the GP giving the jab and not the normal nurse who has way more practice.

Didn't have any affect on diabetes control.

Angeldust

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
WINTER. COLD. RAIN. WIND.
I very reluctantly went for it a week ago. I was only going to get the seasonal vaccine but because I didn't feel a single thing from it I let them go ahead and give me the h1n1 vaccine. It hurt...
That night I started feeling ****. Started vomitting in the morning. NON stop. I thought it was going to trigger a flareup of my gastroparesis. I got the most splitting headache ever. I never suffer from headache. Oh and I can't even begin to describe the pain in my arm. It's still tender. Anyway, it hurt to hell.

The last time I got flu I eneded up in a SKA coma and nearly lost my life so I didn't really have any choice in this.

timo2

Dislikes
Glycemic excursions
Had the swine jab yesterday. Haven't noticed any reaction apart from an aching arm.
No effect on Blood sugars.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
has anyone had the egg free swine flu jab?
any probs??
thanks all

Kastrian

Yes I had both at the same time and had pneumococcal jag too, arms still sore and still not feeling quite right