Swoodles

Max68

Trying to get on top of things again after slipping into too many carbs. Picked up some Sea Bass and Prawns but needed something to bulk it up. Stumbled across Tesco Swoodles. Not sure if mentioned anywhere else on here, but low in fat and salt. 13kcal per 100g. 2.3g of carbohydrate of which sugars are 2.2g per 100g. Was very sceptical they would taste nice but with a splash of soy they were very impressive for a low carb noodle. Assume those figures are decent? Going to trying using them with a bolognaise as a spaghetti substitute. Well worth a try.

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Picked up some Sea Bass and Prawns but needed something to bulk it up. Stumbled across Tesco Swoodles. Not sure if mentioned anywhere else on here, but low in fat and salt. 13kcal per 100g. 2.3g of carbohydrate
Sounds promising from a carb point of view, but are you sure on the calorie count? Wouldn't a meal like this leave you hungry?

Reactions: Max68

Max68

Sounds promising from a carb point of view, but are you sure on the calorie count? Wouldn't a meal like this leave you hungry?

I had some mussels to start!! I'm not too bad now actually. Quite surprised as with say smoked cod fillets or an omelette I'm still hungry afterwards. Looking forward to trying these with bolognaise.

Sainsbury did a low carb noodle but they were thicker and quite tasteless. These are thinner like a Rice noodle and really was impressed. Opens up options with adding meats to do a Chinese style and as they are thin they might be a sub for rice in some meals.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think they are swede, just cut thinly, very thinly, into noodle shapes

Max68

Really? Wow I absolutely hate swede or at least I did when I knew I was actually eating Swede! Funny how the mind works on the taste buds as I like these!

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Swede is great, I eat it regularly but in smaller portions cos it is relatively carby for a low-carb veg. I par-cook in the microwave, then coat in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder and shove it in the air fryer with my chicken thighs. Very tasty!

Reactions: ShelleyDubs

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Really? Wow I absolutely hate swede or at least I did when I knew I was actually eating Swede! Funny how the mind works on the taste buds as I like these!
Speaking as a mother, it's amazing how much food gets eaten if it's name is changed. My son used to refuse to eat cheesecake until we renamed it 'fruit frisbee'
Grandad hated swede until we said it was new variety of yellow carrot
The list goes on
No waste or fussiness allowed in this house.. with the exception of goats cheese which I can smell a mile away:yuck: