symlin

sarah1282

Is anyone here using this.it doesn't matter when I inject I always spike after a meal. I've learnt that my liver decides to dump glucose every time I eat grrrrr. So I've been looking into symlin just wanted to hear if anyone has experience with it.
Thank you

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
as far as imaware its normal to spike after a meal and as long as you are back levelish before the next meal ie 4 hours later, thats fine.

I wouldnt touch that stuff with a barge pole and dont think its been cleared for use over here? from what I can see it increases insulin sensitivity rather than stopping a spike.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Perfectly natural for anyone including non diabetics to spike after a meal - as engineer has said it's best to just test before meal times as this is when you're carbs and insulin has been depleted and it will give you a more accurate picture of what's happening with your BG then - also this is the best time to correct.

I learnt to chill out a bit more once I stopped doing this as was getting so hung up on numbers, as long as it's 4 hours since when you last ate - that's fine.

:thumbup: