Sympathy please!

Neoncat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am feeling sorry for myself, and am unashamedly looking for sympathy! After a day of trying to bring down a mega high, I finally managed to get my BG to a reasonable enough level (10.0) that I could go to bed last night. Then I woke up at 2:30am with a reading of 2.7 :confused: and on my way into the kitchen to retrieve the jelly babies managed to pull my set out :arghh:. A set I had only put in earlier in the day, after I grew suspicious about the previous set which itself had been in for less than 24h. Now just before lunch I am finding this one hurts when I bolus which means I should probably change out this one too! These are very small problems and I wouldn't give up my pump for the world, but as I sit here at work sleep deprived and grumpy I wanted a moan!

Reactions: Freema

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey @Neoncat Yes been there and got the t-shirt for one (or quite a few) of those days..!! I just try and take the positive where I can which is why/how and learn, so I try not to repeat.

I always change a painful cannula set, my bodies way of saying that's not working, so hope you get that sorted soon, take care and hope today is a much better one :)

Reactions: Neoncat

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey it's not easy I had highs of 30 the other so had to change twice in one day not fun I know but hey ho xx

Neoncat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Thanks @Juicyj and @Tracyann35 glad to know I am not the only one who has these moments! Just spiked to 18.2, 2 hours after a lunch of a bowl of soup and a tiny slice of toast so I will definitely take your advice and change this one out too, hey ho.

Reactions: Juicyj

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You have my sympathy as well! Hope tomorrow will be a wonderful day, to compensate for this one!

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Giving you a massive big hug xx