T slim app

steveo4

Has anyone heard yet when the app will become available to deliver bolus for the t slim pump?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Has anyone heard yet when the app will become available to deliver bolus for the t slim pump?

Hi Steve - I use the T Slim but haven't heard anything about an app delivering a bolus ? Have you got any more info on this like where you heard about it ?

steveo4

Hi Steve - I use the T Slim but haven't heard anything about an app delivering a bolus ? Have you got any more info on this like where you heard about it ?
Hi
I have heard it mentioned on several different Facebook sites but as far as I know it's only available in America at the moment. Hopefully won't be long before it's available in the UK.
Is sleep mode only available if you have a dexcom or can it be used without?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My pump auto delivers using t slim control iq with dexcom.
And yes you can switch modes for Sleep (switches off larms ) and Acridity (raises the lower end of the control range)
The only App I now is for Dexcom and is called Clarity but doesn't allow delivery of bolus and tends to crash my sensor so don't use it anymore.
However my previous pump did allow bluetooth dosing so I suppose its a possble thing.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've read about it being available in America as well. I think it was either on an email from TCOYD or on Tandem's website, but can't find it again at the moment, sorry.

• Agree
Reactions: EllieM

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Its not been released in America, what they have is the ability to see the pump details on their phones. It was expected that this might be released outside the USA but not yet happened. Dexcom have been talking about taking this to the next level and adding pump controls to the phone, its this bit that's not released anywhere yet (I'd not be surprised it its not being trialled though in USA).

Dcooperxyz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
The App allowing for bolus from phone has been available in the US for some time but I understand that uk regulations are preventing it being available in the UK at the moment.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The App allowing for bolus from phone has been available in the US for some time but I understand that uk regulations are preventing it being available in the UK at the moment.
Indeed and it has now (since 2023) been available in the USA, but no where else. The next update for the G7 does not include it either.

Chas C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Don't hold your breath, I've seen the CEO of Tandem mention that after the current G7 software update the next update is due to include remote phone access.

• Informative
Reactions: Hopeful34

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wish they'd hurry up!!! I was so disappointed when I saw this latest update didn't include it.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I wish they'd hurry up!!! I was so disappointed when I saw this latest update didn't include it.

It’s absolutely nothing todo with a pump update.. I had the app working a year ago, the Bluetooth section is already in the pump…. The issue is releasing the app in the UK. It requires approval to get released

In the same way in the USA the Omnipod 5 has an app…. In the UK it does not