Hipsterbetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey everyone *Waves nervously*

I'm new to these parts but not quite to diabetes...thought I'd pop in and give this forum a go having lurked for a little while, nothing quite beats learning from other pwd!
I've been T1 for 20 years, diagnosed December 1995 aged 4...nice little christmas present for my family ha

Dexcom and 640g pump user for the past few years, and all in all a bit of a d tech fan

Will be at the people with diabetes conference next week, anyone else on here I might bump into?

Reactions: 3 people

zoze_j

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Moths & mushrooms!
People who are ignorant towards diabetes :(
Animal cruelty
People who use their mobile phones whilst driving
Hey @Hipsterbetic! :)

I'm on the medtronic pump, had it for just over 12 months or so now. Unlike yourself, I am not a tech fan - my answer to the photocopier breaking at work is to give it a kick & expect it to suddenly spring to life! (Not tech savvy. At. All) :joyful:

Reactions: 6 people

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Lots of us seem to be going to PWDC 2016 next weekend.
I'm excited, but nervous too! My OH is coming too which is lovely as he wants to know more and be able to help & support me:)

zoze_j

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Moths & mushrooms!
People who are ignorant towards diabetes :(
Animal cruelty
People who use their mobile phones whilst driving
I'm excited, but nervous too! My OH is coming too which is lovely as he wants to know more and be able to help & support me:)

I think I may have missed something, I've not heard about this conference?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the welcome everyone, its much appreciated!

Love the 640g personally, wasn't convinced at first after switching from a veo, but it works brilliantly now. Are you a pumper too?

Yeah, on the Veo, hoping to get an upgrade next year......

is the 640g significantly different in terms of functionality...

Hipsterbetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yeah, on the Veo, hoping to get an upgrade next year......

is the 640g significantly different in terms of functionality...

Functionally I've found they're very similar, however the display being larger and colour screen is much easier to use. It also has an auto lock function which is useful for people like myself who just stick it in their back pocket!

I haven't tried it with the enlite sensors yet to test the hypo stopping function, but have heard good things from people who have

Reactions: 3 people