Status
Not open for further replies.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Making people feel bad for being human and enjoying some cake is not the way to go guys. That is not a supportive community.
I think the idea is to help people make informed choices, looking at different outcomes and aspects of the way people manage their condition. Also there have been posts about long term possible consequences, which may have not been considered or known about by others. And information about possible consequences unconnected to diabetes, which may or may not need to be taken into account by the OP.

I dont think most people on this thread are trying to be unsupportive. Sharing experiences is not unsupportive.

Reactions: Dodo and porl69
M

Member496333

Making people feel bad for being human and enjoying some cake is not the way to go guys. That is not a supportive community

I’m not having a go, but that is somewhat ironic given the amount of folk you see on here gleefully talking about their cake consumption under the noses of others who are not able to eat it without their blood turning to treacle ;)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@lucylocket61 I beg to differ, being suggestive and being strident are two different things. It is all about language. The new diabetic mantra in medical circles is ‘language matters!’

Reactions: WuTwo

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m not having a go, but that is somewhat ironic given the amount of folk you see on here gleefully talking about their cake consumption under the noses of others who are not able to eat it without their blood turning to treacle ;)
this is a type 1 thread, clearly marked as such. I take your point in other threads which are Type 2 specific.

Reactions: porl69 and WuTwo

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@lucylocket61 I beg to differ, being suggestive and being strident are two different things. It is all about language. The new diabetic mantra in medical circles is ‘language matters!’
and how people insert their own tone and meaning and context into words is also important. The written word is always hard when trying to convey tone and meaning. I find it best to assume people mean well and that i may be misinterpreting their tone.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ladies & gentlemen,

This thread needs just a little more focus on support for the OP.

Endorsements will incur to members continuing to bicker or derail.

Thanks for your compliance.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
But this is a type one asking a question relating to her type one - in the type one area of the forum.

Reactions: porl69
M

Member496333

But this is a type one asking a question relating to her type one - in the type one area of the forum.

Of course. I was referring to elsewhere. I see it all day ever day. The difference is that I don’t moan about it at every opportunity. It works both ways, guys.

Anyway this has gone on long enough and I shall gracefully bow out of the discussion and leave you all to your own devices. Enjoy your cakes ;)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Just about to say the same, but I do hope the OP hasn't been frightened off in any way :( as there are some interesting, supportive and friendly posts :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

This topic does indeed have a Type 1 tag. :) However it was posted in "ask a question." ;)

The OP has an issue with a relative telling her what not to eat. A problem from the well meaning misinformed that transcends type & med control.

Hopefully, the OP can resolve her issue with her mum. :cool:

Reactions: Member496333
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
This topic does indeed have a Type 1 tag. :) However it was posted in "ask a question." ;)

The OP has an issue with a relative telling her what not to eat. A problem from the well meaning misinformed that transcends type & med control.

Hopefully, the OP can resolve her issue with her mum. :cool:

I do hope so.

However this is the tag in question ............... looks self explanatory as the OP only writes about her mother in the actual post, not in the thread headline............. just thought I would highlight that and, I hope in a friendly way too :)
Type 1 T1 Diabetics CAN eat sugar

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ladies and gents, there is zero desire to close Emma's thread here, but it is some time since the thread topic was being addressed, rather than intra-member bickering.

Please do our fellow member the courtesy of respecting the thread title, whilst complying with our in-house Rules and Guidelines.

Reactions: Dodo and Antje77

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki . Totally agree. Hopefully as an educated young lady she will be able to pick through the posts and find the replies that bear relevance.
Let’s not forget the post title wasn’t a question but a statement from an experienced, in control T1 diabetic who was basically looking for some fellow T1 diabetics with similar or greater experience to back up her argument with her mother.
Maybe action should have been taken earlier.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

This topic Is no longer open to further replies.

Members are reminded when contributing to to any topic. Be mindful of the OP's question set out, as well as dietary choice & possible additional treatments before considering a comment.

We are here to support within the context of a member's requirements.

Regards,

Jay.

Reactions: WuTwo and Antje77
Status
Not open for further replies.