T2 Db Feeling Sick

JohnnyAngel57

Hi can anyone help me. I woke up this morning feeling very bloated, which I put down to having a cup of tea before I settled down on the sette to sleep. I had 4 gaviscon, which made me more bloated and as much as I wanted to belch I couldn't. As the morning has wore on I've got absolutely freezing though everyone else is warm. I've been sick a couple of times since I had some sugar free lemonade which released the bloatedness, but I still feel very tender in the stomach area. I've had both flu injections and not been near anyone who has had flu, but my main query I need help is what I can eat or drink. I've had no breakfast as the thought makes me feel sick, so no food I've had no tablets neither (rampiril & metformin). I've taken 2 samples early morning, and lunchtime 5 mins ago, the first one was 8.2 & 2nd was 9.3. I know I need to eat & drink something but I am at a loss what I could eat without puking for England though at the mo all I've brought up is mucus though I have still been retching after taking the lemonade, plus I've been to the loo 5 times. not sure about my tabs as don't know whether could keep down or not. What a ruddy day lol. Any help will be gratefully received
Thanks in advance

John :cry:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
John
Even if an illness isn't directly related to diabetes, It can send your Bg into a steep climb.
Do you have the facility to test for ketones in urine,or can you send someone out to get you some from the pharmacy. they are quite cheap.
I say this because high BG plus ketones is deemed a medical emergency. If the BG goes up, do what you can to keep it down. Drinking plenty( water or rehydration fluid) helps. Keep your medication on schedule.Except insulin to coveer meals.
If you continue to feel ill, ring NHS 24 or your care team.
Hope you're better soon
Hana
You can make an "ad hoc" rehydration fluid, by diluting some real orange juice about 50/50 with water and adding a littlesalt. The salt won't taste.

JohnnyAngel57

Thanks very much; I'm in the process of trying a slice of well grilled dry toast (like chewing coal & tastes the same lol) and had some water I'll try and have my 1 x metformin 500 and my ramipril and hope I can keep down.
I'll ask my friend to go for me in her car for some ketone strips. What do I have to look for, and have you an idea roughly how much they are so I can give her the money first. So far so good not had any major reaction to the toast & water, but not counting my chickens yet :lol:

Thanks Hana

John