T2 Insulin User Interviews in Birmingham Area?

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dark mornings, intolerance any one with a superiority complex...
Guys,

I was invited here, but no use as I do not use insulin.....this is purely product research as a one off interview and a fee. If interested please call Lorna directly.

I am looking to recruit type 2 diabetic patients who self inject insulin to take part in a 70 minute interview. They will receive £50 as a thank you for their time and opinions.

The venue is QED Studios, 2A Frederick Road, Selly Oak, Birmingham, B29 6PB.

The interviews will take place at different time slots during the days of Tuesday 3rd November, Wednesday 4th November and Thursday 5th November.

The session will involve a brief discussion about experience with injecting insulin, followed by a comparison study of insulin pens. This is a design research exercise to help us understand preferences and attitudes regarding insulin pen features.

If any member of the Solihull Diabetic Group is interested in participating, please pass on my details to them.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,

Lorna Taylor

Medical Recruiter
T: 0161 482 2507

W: http://www.acumenfieldwork.com

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Just a brief warning to anyone who might be interested in this - Acumen Fieldwork are not a medical or a research organisation. They are a market research company and they are effectively paying you £50 in order to get your details on their mailing list. You will most likely find that the questions you will be asked have little to do with your diabetes but will be all about your lifestyle - so that they can sell on your details to their various clients.

Once they have your details you can expect a lifetime of unwanted and unsolicited mail, phone calls and emails.

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dark mornings, intolerance any one with a superiority complex...
Dennis,

The content of the exercise is explained comprehensively and specifically mentions the insulin experience and use of insulin pens. If its a scam, then its one hell of a mis info and a liberty. I will speak to the organiser and report back.

The offer came via Diabetes UK and was not unsolicited
If its not helpful then by all means remove it!!

Steve

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Steve.

However they dress this up, if you read all the stuff on the website. It is market research for companies. Dennis is right to be issuing a warning to members. We get a few 'market researchers' who want to use us as part of their 'database.

As you know you only have to give your name and address to one company nowadays and you end up being contacted by loads of companies ALL trying to 'flog' you something.

My son was once involved in similar stuff and was paid very well. The 'customer' details were then sold on to interested companies. That's how it all starts, ending up in you having to go 'ex-directory' and utilise the TPS/MPS to stop all the '****' coming through your door.

£50.......? for an hour or so, great. just be aware of what it really is and the so called benefits.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Steve,

I'm not saying this is a scam by any means. It may well be that Acumen have been retained by a medical company (an insulin pen manufacturer for example) to ask questions on behalf of that company. But Acumen's objective will be to get you onto their database - that's how they make their money. As Ken said, they have to dress it up in some way - would you consider going if they simply said we want to profile you so we can sell your details on?

Believe me, I have worked for several companies who use similar market research operations. In each case my company genuinely wanted feedback or public opinion on particular products, but the end result is that the participants details are sold on by the market researchers. Providing up to date information on people is a hugely profitable business, and how more up to date can you get than someone who you have just interviewed and has given you all their information.

I'm not saying don't go, but just be aware that gathering information on insulin pens is almost certainly a secondary consideration by Acumen.