T2 Weight Gain on Insulin & Heart Disease

janemarie71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi! I’ve been t2 for 20 years and have never achieved good control of my bs. I’m in a state now - on insulin (Tresiba) and have gained 2 stone. Also, recently diagnosed with Ischaemic Heart Disease and subsequently had a heart attack.
I have no quality of life now (I’m 53). I am limited by tiredness - you know the kind I mean! Weakness in body due to another health issue. I feel like giving up now. I’m not sure I can come back from this. I just wondered if anyone is or has been in a similar situation. I’m trying to go low carb, but I’m finding it hard as I don’t really like meat.
This may sound woe is me, but it’s actually not meant to be! I am not suicidal- I’m just too tired to fight anymore x

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @janemarie71 I'm so sorry you are suffering. I can't be much help unfortunately as I'm T1 but I do know that people manage to low carb successfully on vegetarian and even vegan diets.

Maybe have a look at the vegetarian forum below and see if anything takes your fancy?

I hope things improve for you.

Reactions: Hopeful34

janemarie71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @janemarie71 I'm so sorry you are suffering. I can't be much help unfortunately as I'm T1 but I do know that people manage to low carb successfully on vegetarian and even vegan diets.

Maybe have a look at the vegetarian forum below and see if anything takes your fancy?

janemarie71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Hi @EllieM,

Thanks so much for replying. I will check out the veggie section. Thanks again x

mansingh01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi! I’ve been t2 for 20 years and have never achieved good control of my bs. I’m in a state now - on insulin (Tresiba) and have gained 2 stone. Also, recently diagnosed with Ischaemic Heart Disease and subsequently had a heart attack.
I have no quality of life now (I’m 53). I am limited by tiredness - you know the kind I mean! Weakness in body due to another health issue. I feel like giving up now. I’m not sure I can come back from this. I just wondered if anyone is or has been in a similar situation. I’m trying to go low carb, but I’m finding it hard as I don’t really like meat.
This may sound woe is me, but it’s actually not meant to be! I am not suicidal- I’m just too tired to fight anymore x

I find i m tired when taking insulin.

Reactions: janemarie71