Tagging in

D

Deleted Account

For T2s in particular, we have many new members here whose belief is they already eat a very diabetes-friendly diet, by going low fat, good starch, so once they've been here a short while, they maybe garner more from Daisy's post.
I appreciate the majority of forum members have type 2 (it is often stated that 9 out of 10 people with diabetes have type 2 and there is no reason why that should not be reflected by the forum).
I also appreciate some people with type 1 benefit from a low carb diet.
And I appreciate daisy's message is clear about the different types of diabetes.

However, for someone recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, new to this forum, I find daisy's message puts too much emphasis on low carb diet. This is why I often follow it up with a reminder that type 1 and type 2 are different and not everything on this forum is relevant.

For this reason, I think it is good that daisy's message is tagged rather than being a default message.
Hopefully, the respondents to a new member is able to determine whether the message is appropriate to the OP.
If the OP has type 1, I tend to avoid any tagging.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
23275328_1014050562067471_1284255428153424528_o.jpg

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I thought I’d blocked her but unfortunately it hasn’t worked. I’m glad I now know that you can block people though. You learn something new every day.

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I think this forum is great as it is, although there is nothing wrong with improvement at any level. I actually like to see Daisy's post for newbies often. It's an excellent reminder and I have reread it a number of times. I find the info re low carb to be very relevant to a Type 1 like me.

hooha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
long queues.
Hello everybody. Sorry but I don't really understand tagging, or most of this discussion ! I guess I should read the info about it, must be somewhere on the site. ?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello everybody. Sorry but I don't really understand tagging, or most of this discussion ! I guess I should read the info about it, must be somewhere on the site. ?

Tagging @hooha, this would mean the person, this time it's you, is alerted to a post made on a thread. Press the @Key, then type name, hope this helps.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I like this idea.
So much so, I actually went and tried it.
Unfortunately "You cannot ignore a staff member" :banghead:

Ah, apologies. I had quite forgotten that little wrinkle. Although I'm sure you can probably understand why it is that way for Mods and Admins.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.

@hooha I just tagged you so that you will get an alert to your account. Putting an @ directly in front of a username brings that comment to the member's or Moderator's attention. Hope this helps.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I think back to when I first came to the forum I found Daisy’s post like a big reassuring hug. I had lurked for a few weeks and read comments about different things which were hugely thought provoking but the succinct post from Daisy to me made me feel it was personal to me. Dont ever underestimate the fear and apprehension of the newbie. I am not very IT competent but I value every contributer to this forum. God bless you all, espescially Daisy. PS. I too often re-read Daisy’s advice because it is easy to get complacent. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Brunneria

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, of course it does. It also happens when the post is made hours or days later.

However it is good if you are reading the lists to see what people are specifically referring too. Yes sometimes it’s repetitive but if someone replying doesn’t actually say what point they are referring to it really helps... IMO