1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

tattoo

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by Cath40, May 17, 2014.

1. Cath40

Cath40 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Is wanting to get a tattoo on my foot what are peoples thoughts on this is it a good idea or would that be a big no no

2. mo1905

mo1905 Type 1 · BANNED

Tattoo's generally no problem but the foot may not be a great idea as us diabetics often struggle with feet and healing etc. It's your body but I would personally not get one on my foot. Good luck, whatever you decide :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Cath40

Cath40 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

thanks for your reply yeah thats wot i was thinking as i think i would be quite worried about the healing and if it may not heal

4. Miss90

Miss90 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I think you will be ok, go to a tattoo parlour that's well established and clean! I've got a tattoo on the bottom of my neck and had no problems with it healing!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

5. Indy51

Indy51 Type 2 · Expert

Even for non-diabetics, a tattoo on the foot takes longer to heal and is more painful. I had one a long time before my diagnosis and that's what the tattooist warned me about and he was right.

6. Twinks

Twinks · Well-Known Member

I have a tattoo on my foot and got it done close to when i started having symptoms so my blood sugar levels were properly all over the place and that healed fine so I'm sure u'll be ok like others have said just make sure its some where that has a good reputation and pay attention to the advice they give

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook