tattoo

Cath40

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Is wanting to get a tattoo on my foot what are peoples thoughts on this is it a good idea or would that be a big no no

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Tattoo's generally no problem but the foot may not be a great idea as us diabetics often struggle with feet and healing etc. It's your body but I would personally not get one on my foot. Good luck, whatever you decide :)

Reactions: 3 people

Cath40

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
thanks for your reply yeah thats wot i was thinking as i think i would be quite worried about the healing and if it may not heal

Miss90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I think you will be ok, go to a tattoo parlour that's well established and clean! I've got a tattoo on the bottom of my neck and had no problems with it healing!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Even for non-diabetics, a tattoo on the foot takes longer to heal and is more painful. I had one a long time before my diagnosis and that's what the tattooist warned me about and he was right.

Twinks

I have a tattoo on my foot and got it done close to when i started having symptoms so my blood sugar levels were properly all over the place and that healed fine so I'm sure u'll be ok like others have said just make sure its some where that has a good reputation and pay attention to the advice they give

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App