Teach me to be a grown-up!

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After "gently" nudging my family not to give me chocolate for my birthday, I was really happy and surprised to receive three bars of Hotel Chocolat's 100% Dark Dominican Republic.

Now, I'm good at Lindt's 95%, but I'm really struggling to get on with the 100%. Do any of you have any tips to eating it? I've tried putting a teeny tiny bit on my tongue and letting it melt, but it's still so strong!

I don't want to let it beat me because I'm too old not to be a grown-up, so I'm begging you for help! :p

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mmmm, good ideas! I haven't attempted either yet as low carb versions. Might have to rope in the frozen avocados for a mousse...

Man, I want it NOW! (See, no hope - I'll never grow up!)

Thanks again.

Reactions: 4 people

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Or melt little bit and add some cream to make chocolate sauce..drizzled on greek yogurt or whipped cream for pud.
Or...put little piece to melt in your coffee...or use the cream-chockie sauce to flavour you coffee....MMMM :wacky:

Reactions: 5 people

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
or melt a small piece with a big spoon of coconut oil, almond butter and some chopped almonds .. pour it out onto a shallow dish and freeze .. its yummmmm

Reactions: 9 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

@Pink_Minx I found the 100% a bit rich too :***:

I suggest you put this experience behind you and start dropping Easter hints for Hotel Chocolat ginger puddles as they are amazing!

Reactions: 3 people

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oooh, ginger puddles... Decadent cake! Nom, nom, nom!

I'm regretting starting this thread so late in the day - it's too late to get baking or shopping!

Thank you all for your suggestions- tomorrow is another day (to be coated in choccy goodness!)

Reactions: 5 people

Finsky

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
II'm begging you for help! :p
:D Looking at the replies you've had....it is case of 'just ask and devil is more than happy to help'...if I were to ask; " I've got cupboard full of wheat flower...can't much carbs, what shall I do with them?" It would be either no reply or 'bin them'..I wonder why...:rolleyes:
Oooooh...chocolate cake.....(I don't usually have sweet tooth!).....I could just have a 'boat load' of that with cup of tea..MMMMM..:angelic:

Reactions: 2 people

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, back and done!

@RobPL - I was tempted by your cake, but don't think I could stand having a whole cake in the flat without scoffing the lot! @Enclave - your freezy coco-choc-almond yumminess is in the freezer as we speak and I'm counting the minutes until I can get at it!

@Finsky - yep, the Devil has been dancing in my kitchen today!

How much longer do I have to wait..? :wacky:

I've still got two bars left, so I'll def be visiting the other suggestions!

@RobPL - how did the choc mint cake turn out?

Reactions: 2 people