Team Fasting Efforts on this site

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Good luck to everyone doing this. I've found fasting very useful at times but can't really do it while doing my job, so I'll be cheering from the sidelines.

I look forward to seeing the quality of the spelling and grammar from fasting posters deteriorate as the hours go by :)

By day 3 I'm pretty sure my posts would look like fdhksgladhsgflhgasfvwelyl.

Hi there. I enjoyed reading the TEAMFAST thread, and came in here to see the lead up.

I agree with you about fasting and some aspects of working.

Fasting never affects my spelling and grammar. But I have discovered that on Day 3, even though the ketones have fully kicked in and I have energy, this is not a good time to actually mix more fully with non-close fellow humans in otherwise nuanced interpersonal relations. My patience and tolerance for which I would normally draw on in such human to human/s situations, obviously disintegrates. This bizarrely happened in the last two four day fasts I have had, so I have to see it as a personal fasting pattern, and will adapt my life/working life and fasting periods to this info accordingly. WAY more serious than getting spelling and grammar wrong. (Ketones usually promote mental clarity I would say, and good for clear expression and thought, rather than bad writing.)

I figured that mother nature probably intended me to get out there with a bow and arrow or a slingshot - alone! - and shoot some hapless fat and protein source so I could end the no-eating period, rather than participate in a sit-down meeting dealing with complex interpersonal/group issues. Such day 3 moods obviously suited better to killing than attending meetings!

I thought I would post this so other fasters could benefit from my recent bad experiences hastily departing from meetings in order to escape unwanted frightening images of punching opposing faces! - Ketonic energy can be a false friend in the fasting arena! ho ho ho. Avoid meetings! Work alone during that period, suggests Aloe.

(yeah, if a carnivore and own a rifle - go hunting instead ;) :).) (Alone!)