1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Team Fasting Efforts on this site

Discussion in 'Fasting' started by rab5, Apr 22, 2018.

1. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Sure thing

2. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I’m in too, but starting after dinner tonight - so about 6pm. Aiming for 48 hours.

3. AloeSvea

AloeSvea Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi there. I enjoyed reading the TEAMFAST thread, and came in here to see the lead up.

I agree with you about fasting and some aspects of working.

Fasting never affects my spelling and grammar. But I have discovered that on Day 3, even though the ketones have fully kicked in and I have energy, this is not a good time to actually mix more fully with non-close fellow humans in otherwise nuanced interpersonal relations. My patience and tolerance for which I would normally draw on in such human to human/s situations, obviously disintegrates. This bizarrely happened in the last two four day fasts I have had, so I have to see it as a personal fasting pattern, and will adapt my life/working life and fasting periods to this info accordingly. WAY more serious than getting spelling and grammar wrong. (Ketones usually promote mental clarity I would say, and good for clear expression and thought, rather than bad writing.)

I figured that mother nature probably intended me to get out there with a bow and arrow or a slingshot - alone! - and shoot some hapless fat and protein source so I could end the no-eating period, rather than participate in a sit-down meeting dealing with complex interpersonal/group issues. Such day 3 moods obviously suited better to killing than attending meetings!

I thought I would post this so other fasters could benefit from my recent bad experiences hastily departing from meetings in order to escape unwanted frightening images of punching opposing faces! - Ketonic energy can be a false friend in the fasting arena! ho ho ho. Avoid meetings! Work alone during that period, suggests Aloe.

(yeah, if a carnivore and own a rifle - go hunting instead ;) :).) (Alone!)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook