Team Fasting Efforts on this site

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Will have to take Iron and vitd3 supplements and painkillers. Won't need tummy ibs meds thou. I guess the silver lining.
Shame I couldnt stop proton pump inhibitor too. Won't risk it. Will still take it.
Ibuprofen tablets sugar may sabotage it? :)

@ickihun , you’re not supposed to take ibuprofen on an empty stomach, be careful x

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ll be joining @Brunneria , @AdamJames and @PenguinMum on the side lines, can I be head cheerleader please? *hands out the poms poms :happy::joyful::hilarious:

Thanks for the pom-poms.

I must say I look lovely wielding pompoms in a mini-skirt and @archersuz 's hand-me-down boulder-holders.

I felt it worth mentioning, as the mental image may help participants lose their appetite during the fast :)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And good luck and happy fasting frorm me too !

Good luck to everyone doing this. I've found fasting very useful at times but can't really do it while doing my job, so I'll be cheering from the sidelines.

I look forward to seeing the quality of the spelling and grammar from fasting posters deteriorate as the hours go by :)

By day 3 I'm pretty sure my posts would look like fdhksgladhsgflhgasfvwelyl.
Go get yourself fat adapted then, and your brain will run much better to say nothing of faster without the need for continous re-fuelling!

Robbity

PS The quality of my spelling depends entirely on the mood of my delinquent keyboard, nohtign ta all to od with hte foten isdastorus opsition of ym fignres on sadi kyebroda deu to alck of brian eful. :wideyed:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't join you this time as I am recovering from a virus. Would love to do so another time though. I'll read the 'eat meat drink water' and the 'bread....why?' threads before I start. That should put me off food for a couple of days easily. :rolleyes:

I'll be another one on the sidelines this time (without pompoms) :)

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
11 hours and counting until the Tuesday deadline . ha ha this should be a laugh.... we will go for two days and see if we can push to 3 days.... Thanks for all the support!!!!!!!

Pom poms at the ready

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
11 hours and counting until the Tuesday deadline . ha ha this should be a laugh.... we will go for two days and see if we can push to 3 days.... Thanks for all the support!!!!!!!

Pom poms at the ready

2 - 3 days..... WOW I would be lucky to go for 2 - 3 HOURS :D
Good luck all that are in on this :)

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
2 - 3 days..... WOW I would be lucky to go for 2 - 3 HOURS :D
Good luck all that are in on this :)
You can actually do much better than that - or do you sit up all night snacking?? :wideyed::D Think about it - we all do some sort of fast between our evening meal and breakFAST... Just delay breakfast and/or have your evening meal a little earlier - maybe just baby steps but you're on your way.

Robbity

Reactions: porl69

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
@ickihun , you’re not supposed to take ibuprofen on an empty stomach, be careful x
Thats true. No anti-inflammatories are safe on empty tummy I seem to remember. Naproxen either.
Hum. ... I may have to look of how I can do this without muscular spasms. On buscupan/mebeverine too so won't need it if no food causing acid. But will take PPI.
I will take Iron.
I hope I remember all this?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good luck to everyone doing this. I've found fasting very useful at times but can't really do it while doing my job, so I'll be cheering from the sidelines.

I look forward to seeing the quality of the spelling and grammar from fasting posters deteriorate as the hours go by :)

By day 3 I'm pretty sure my posts would look like fdhksgladhsgflhgasfvwelyl.
Do you think? It's suppose to give more mental clarity. I may sort my telephone calls out quicker.
0y4h3.gif

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

Pom poms at the ready
I'll see how I get on.
Can I have oxo cubes in boiled water instead of herbal tea or black coffee?

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I'm in for at least 48 hours, but will try 62 (as I have breakfast networking on Friday morning) starting from around 16:00 tomorrow. I will be drinking black coffees (2.5 cups per day in the morning for additional calorie burn), unlimited non-sweetened herbal teas, water and a dose of luck, as I have done 49.5 only.

Reactions: Goonergal

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And good luck and happy fasting frorm me too !

Go get yourself fat adapted then, and your brain will run much better to say nothing of faster without the need for continous re-fuelling!

Robbity

PS The quality of my spelling depends entirely on the mood of my delinquent keyboard, nohtign ta all to od with hte foten isdastorus opsition of ym fignres on sadi kyebroda deu to alck of brian eful. :wideyed:

I see from your last sentence your fast is going well!

I've never really known if I've ever been fat-adapted to be honest. I did spend about a month on about 20-50g carbs, always aiming for the lower end, and presuming I was probably in ketosis, but I suppose I can't be sure. If not
Do you think? It's suppose to give more mental clarity. I may sort my telephone calls out quicker. View attachment 26235

Haha! Well good luck with your calls. Just make sure you dial the right numbers. I'm pretty sure I couldn't even do that right when fasting!

I think from what people say fasting either gets better the more often you do it, or the longer you do one, or the more 'fat adapted' you are. I'm not sure how fat adapted I've ever been - I did aim for ketosis for about a month but was very aware that I was often getting up to the 50g carb mark so I'm not sure to be honest. Either way, whenever I've tried fasting I get mental fog. That's not to say fasting hasn't been extremely useful to me on three occasions now.