TEE2 meter

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is a well known forum glitch that has been evident for a couple of years. Promises are made that it is being looked at, but nothing has happened as yet. I also do not see "insulin dependent" under the avatar of anyone. I use a PC, the website, and Chrome. This has been discussed a hundred times. Some people see it, some people don't, and it is random. It makes no difference how they use the forum.
Thanks @Bluetit1802 , a while back the Forum lost an excellent contributor called, I think, Karin (the avocado queen!) because she too did not see "insulin dependant" and so proffered advice which was deemed unsuitable and was strongly rebuked by one or more T1s.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Bluetit1802 , a while back the Forum lost an excellent contributor called, I think, Karin (the avocado queen!) because she too did not see "insulin dependant" and so proffered advice which was deemed unsuitable and was strongly rebuked by one or more T1s.

Yes, I think it was @Kristin251 She hasn't been the only one.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I was mistaken. I could have sworn there was a different model. We live and learn. :)
I looked up the spec of the TEE2+ and compared it to the previous TEE2 meter. It now has Bluetooth and can download to Diasend. It also has a wider haematocrit range which, if I remember correctly, maybe of interest to you @Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I looked up the spec of the TEE2+ and compared it to the previous TEE2 meter. It now has Bluetooth and can download to Diasend. It also has a wider haematocrit range which, if I remember correctly, maybe of interest to you @Bluetit1802

Yes indeed, the haematocrit range is important for me. Well remembered - or do I go on about it too much? ;)
However, my Accu Chek Mobile haematocrit range is fine for me at 25% to 55%. I am well within that.

For interest, what ranges are the Tee2 and Tee2+ ?

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And it is still free.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes indeed, the haematocrit range is important for me. Well remembered - or do I go on about it too much? ;)
However, my Accu Chek Mobile haematocrit range is fine for me at 25% to 55%. I am well within that.

For interest, what ranges are the Tee2 and Tee2+ ?
I don't understand about haematocrit. Please could someone enlighten me? I can't see any mention of this in the Spirit description of the TEE2+ meter.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't understand about haematocrit. Please could someone enlighten me? I can't see any mention of this in the Spirit description of the TEE2+ meter.

Someone that has higher than usual haematocrit levels in their blood the HbA1c will be falsely high. This is a known issue, so meters generally state in the technical specifications somewhere what the range is with that meter. There is also a section on the main website detailing the specs of each common meter. This is the Tee2 https://www.diabetes.co.uk/blood-glucose-meters/spirit-healthcare-tee2.html

You can see your own haematocrit levels when you have a full blood count.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Someone that has higher than usual haematocrit levels in their blood the HbA1c will be falsely high. This is a known issue, so meters generally state in the technical specifications somewhere what the range is with that meter. There is also a section on the main website detailing the specs of each common meter. This is the Tee2 https://www.diabetes.co.uk/blood-glucose-meters/spirit-healthcare-tee2.html

You can see your own haematocrit levels when you have a full blood count.
Thanks.

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I looked up the spec of the TEE2+ and compared it to the previous TEE2 meter. It now has Bluetooth and can download to Diasend.
I visited the Diasend / Glooko website, but was not at all clear if you have to pay to subscribe, or how it works. Please can anyone enlighten me? I see that Diasend is not available outside the US, but Glooko with whom Diasend has merged is.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I visited the Diasend / Glooko website, but was not at all clear if you have to pay to subscribe, or how it works. Please can anyone enlighten me? I see that Diasend is not available outside the US, but Glooko with whom Diasend has merged is.
Sorry, I have no knowledge of Diasend, I was just quoting the spec for the meter. Personally I can't be bothered with downloading or apps, I just enter readings into a spreadsheet.