Temporary living away from home and PCT rules

Blissfool

Hi - we are thinking of taking an extended period away from home, to spend developing our art work and having an adventure with our son. We are not travelling outside the UK but it is too far to back weekly or even monthly, but we want to keep the same diabetes team for our son for his clinics every 3mth, as well as keep the pump eligibility and support, during this time. Our son has started to develop a trust in the team (more than we have, but there you go!) that helps him feel less scared by it all. He is only 3 and has been in their care for a year now, so their involvement is significant to him.

What I was wondering is, if we give our permanent address locally, can we just return for clinics, and can we get supplies to cover the period in between?

All best and thanks,
Vik

ClaireG 06

Sorry i have no idea, but will bounce this incase someone does. The only thing i can suggest is to talk to your sons diabetes team and/or your PCT.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Gosh....I missed this one...but I too would like to know how you get on with a pump especially how you get on without having a permanent address.

We are wishing to travel the UK for a year within the next 6 months....I have a pump....and have no idea how I can get on without a permanent address....for hospital check ups and supplies for the pump.

There must be type 1 persons that travel (not necessarily gypsys-but would love to know how travellers get on for their diabetes-as there must be somebody within this community that is type 1).....

Is there any way around getting hospital appointments, gp's, pumps without a permanent address? Will be totally based within England, Scotland and Wales....