Not open for further replies.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Knowing others Won't learn from my mistakes, Being TERMINALLY ILL !
There are much stronger drugs than pregabalin etc... My pain consultant is teying new treatment on my legs for 3 weeks as she says she really doesnt want stronger doses and morphine based drugs in me....

But why not? If they could take a way more pain why cant I have the morphine based ones?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Yes I have others including Morphine, without which i would be in far greater pain, but meds aren't the only way, I also get help from Medical Psychologist and it isreal and tangible help, very practical, i definitely recomend you ask for a referral if like me you suffer Chronic Pain,

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yes the feet is where complications often start, first signs of a problem, Go See Your Doctor. .... PLEASE. !

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
See my GP for what? I have absolutely no diabetic complications after almost 30 years... I get pains in my legs but this is not diabetes related and I have **** near perfection with circulation in my feet etc?

Reactions: 2 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
See my GP for what? I have absolutely no diabetic complications after almost 30 years... I get pains in my legs but this is not diabetes related and I have **** near perfection with circulation in my feet etc?

NO sorry I didn't make myself clear enough, I wasn't meaning you, but that in general Diabetics with problems in thier feet should consult thier Dr at the earliest oportunity, Sorry for the Confusion I caused. !

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Yes, I agree. 30 years ago I was told to look at the soles of my feet everyday.if people were told that now, they could save themselves a lot of problems.
Every night when I take of my footwear, I check. Not just visually but by feeling my toes and soles for feeling as well. Done it everyday without fail. Good job too as I am a gardener and do have occasions oft hinges through my footwear...

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Yes I have a very naughty habit of not wearing anything on my feet, due to pain and swelling, but of course with very advanced Peripheral Neuropathy, so now have to be so careful, Folks take head, just be careful with your feet, problems and complications of Diabetes often start from the Bottom up, Don't take any chances. !

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Last couple of days or so have been really Terrible for Pain Levels in my lower legs and feet, enough to pretty much stop me doing anything, will keep you posted folks,

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
oh, sorry to hear that Kev. I hope the pain eases soon.

hugs
zand

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
oh, sorry to hear that Kev. I hope the pain eases soon.

hugs
zand

Thanks Sweetie, I'm coping just ! But able to do so little, I feel so guilty, hope your ok at the moment, PM Me,

Love and Hugs.

Kevin and. Wendie.

xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Kevin, I am new to the forum, but I have been reading your "Terminal and Scared". I really feel for you and your family and think you are very brave to reveal everything in order to help others. I will be honoured to read your blog, I know that it will be inspiration for us all to look after ourselves and hopefully prevent the problems you have been going through. I really admire your courage and determination to continue posting in the forum.

I am still a novice at the moment and I tend to read rather than post, but most of the people on here are really great and give some fantastic advice and support, and I have gained an enormous amount of information.

Take care

Marilyn

Reactions: 3 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Folks, I had a bit of an accident on Thursday afternoon, on my way home from my first longer trip in the new chair, on a path we didn't know, i found the chair was wider than the path, i got slightly up on the grass verge just as a strong gust of wind hit me from the side, my son Dayne was behind me on his pushbike, he saw me hit a large stone, before the chair overbalanced, and went fully over,

I was trapped by one foot under the side of the chair, i bumped nothing, hurt only one shoulder that wrenched slightly, other than being shook up I was very lucky, so was the chair which suffered only 3 or 4 minor scratches, Dayne was very shook up, and over protective Bless him,

A cyclist behind us stopped to help, and a moterist going round the roundabout ahead saw all, pulled off the road onto the grass verge, and offered to take me to casualty some 5 miles or more away, People can be so very kind, but chair uprighted, and everyone finally convinced i was OK, We continued home, completing the 8 mile round without incident,

It was scary as i tipped up, but the lovely. Quickie Jive M. Is so incredibly well designed and built, both it and I remained Safe !

Mud Island Dweller

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
An awful lot.
Glad you are ok and hope that Dayne has got over his fright. We did a promo video yrs ago for shopmobility 2 disabled folks were with us to provide "bodies" and general info. The guy in the chair played basketball, he said when they got tired the team they mainly played against had a totally legless guy in the team, they would ram him behind and pop him like a cork. The time for him to be put upright and tied back in gave them a nice rest :hilarious:
I understand the fright though the lady with us also in a self-prop was chatting away and next thing up on the grass and over, she took it all in her stride said she talked to much concentrated to little and was always doing it. But was a shock :oops:

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Glad you are ok and hope that Dayne has got over his fright. We did a promo video yrs ago for shopmobility 2 disabled folks were with us to provide "bodies" and general info. The guy in the chair played basketball, he said when they got tired the team they mainly played against had a totally legless guy in the team, they would ram him behind and pop him like a cork. The time for him to be put upright and tied back in gave them a nice rest :hilarious:
I understand the fright though the lady with us also in a self-prop was chatting away and next thing up on the grass and over, she took it all in her stride said she talked to much concentrated to little and was always doing it. But was a shock :oops:

Yes Mud all is well with myself and Dayne, he's over the shock, Just, and I as I'd said am completetly ok, just slightly annoyed at myself LOL, btwall in your txtis ok sweetie, well folks stay safe, Don't tip wheelchairs over on yourselves OK. !

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
Hi Kevin I am very new to the forum, and was so sorry to hear your sad news.
I will keep you in my Prayers.
Hugs June.

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Kevin I am very new to the forum, and was so sorry to hear your sad news.
I will keep you in my Prayers.
Hugs June.

June, Thank You dear lady, it's so nice to recievesuch support, and to see posts from newer members, I guess I no longer see it as sad for myself, But I so feel for Wendie, Dayne, and Delta the Dog. ( She worries about me, nurses me, and refuses to leave me alone when I'm Really Poorly ! ),

Well weekend shopping calls, and as I'm the shopping trolley. ... Must go LOL. !

Much Love.

Kevin and Wendie.

xxx.

Nicholas Hoare

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Kevin, I too am new to the forum and have been reading your posts with great sadness, you are a very brave man and think you are wonderful for sharing your suffering, it has definitely made me take my diabetes a lot more seriously.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Nick

Reactions: 3 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Kevin, I too am new to the forum and have been reading your posts with great sadness, you are a very brave man and think you are wonderful for sharing your suffering, it has definitely made me take my diabetes a lot more seriously.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Nick

Nick, it's such a pleasure to hear from you, I love newcomers reading the thread, and posting, I have succeeded if just one person listens to the trouble I have been through due to my mistakes, and learn at least Not to follow my path, But so many now seem to be heading the warning of what Could lay ahead if my warnings are ignored, Welcome to the forum, stay strong in your resolution and Stay Healthy and Safe,

My regret is I have so little time now to keep pushing this warning, So be careful, Keep Healthy, and live a really Long Full and Happy Life, and spread the message of how it is So Important to keep Control of your Diabetes and to not think Ignoringit is a Smart Idea. !!!

Warmest and Fondest. Regards

Mazzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Kevin, so sorry to hear about your accident, I am glad you and your son are ok and there was some help at hand, it is always nice to hear that people are kind enough to stop and make sure you are ok.

It is also nice to see that you have some new members reading your posts, it just goes to show that sharing your experiences has had such an impact on so many people. As you can see from the above replies, your warnings are being very taken seriously and making people aware of the consequences if they don't.

You are a very courageous man and I admire your determination to get your message across to others. I am glad that you have such a loving and supportive family, you must be very proud of them, and vice versa.

Take care Kevin, love to you and your family.

Marilyn xx

Reactions: 4 people

kman

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Kevin, so sorry to hear about your accident, I am glad you and your son are ok and there was some help at hand, it is always nice to hear that people are kind enough to stop and make sure you are ok.

It is also nice to see that you have some new members reading your posts, it just goes to show that sharing your experiences has had such an impact on so many people. As you can see from the above replies, your warnings are being very taken seriously and making people aware of the consequences if they don't.

You are a very courageous man and I admire your determination to get your message across to others. I am glad that you have such a loving and supportive family, you must be very proud of them, and vice versa.

Take care Kevin, love to you and your family.

Marilyn xx

Marilyn,

Thank you, you are such a boost to my ego, Yes I guess if your going to tip over your very Big Heavy Powerchair then that was the kind of accident you want, No Injury, and No Damage to the chair, and raring to get going again !

As for the impact, and the awareness my experiences with the Catastrophic results of Not Controling Diabetes. ... Well thats the wonderful, and positive result of laying bare my entire life and soul, and something that is not only making my Dying bearable, but fills me full of Hope for Others, knowing that Perhaps NO ONE else will Die like this for a very very long time to come !

Couragous. Me ? NO. Definitely Not, I'm Scared Witless. ... But I Do have a Really LOVING and SUPPORTIVE Family around me, my Friends, and of course Marilyn I have YOU and Many Many others here on the Forum, all of whom are Loving, Kind and so Supportive, not just to Wendie, Dayne and I, but to pass the message on, to use my experiences they have read here to Explain to Others, their Freinds and Family etc. What the Consequences might be should they Ignore, or Deny their Diabetes and their Control of it !!!

Love and an especially Big Hug.to You Marilyn.

Kevin. and. Wendie.

xxxxxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.