1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Test monitoring templates

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by Bigonabianchi, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Bigonabianchi

Bigonabianchi · Member

Just been googling for templates to monitor test results , loads out there but haven’t seen one with enough space for comments/notes.

I may end up just doing my own but thought I’d ask in case it highlights better options .

If there is already a thread on this my apologies.

Big thanks :)

2. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

I just use a spreadsheet .. room for any and everything plus it does sums too!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

A lot of meters have phone apps that let you upload your bg results, and then add comments on carb quantities and exercise. But as @bulkbiker said, if you want maximum flexibility, just go for a spreadsheet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Here’s another fan of spreadsheets! You can customise it to fit all your requirements.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bittern

Bittern Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Spreadsheet every time, infinitely adaptable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. searley

searley Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I started this way but it was too much effort…. So now just use apps for my meter(s) and my memory

My care team never really cared about data I presented more cared about what I said and my results

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bigonabianchi

Bigonabianchi · Member

I see this more for my own understanding of the impact of my lifestyle on the condition and how changes I make affect it . I’m hoping it will give me some structure and basis to ‘control’ it and by doing so reduce the worry .

8. searley

searley Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Then a spread sheet will probably be good

I have a really good memory so have never had to write it down as I remember what different things did and how I treated it

9. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

The Contour Next meter app has an area for putting notes in amongst it other daily functions.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook