carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
24/2/15 9/7/15
LDL 1.7 1.4
HDL 1.8 1.6

HBA1C 97 55

Thyroid function 0.33 less than 0.1, reduced tablets from 150mcg to 125mcg,blood test 28/8. Wonder
why this has happened.

Lost 11 lbs in weight.

Nurse was very pleased with my results and said to keep doing what I am doing. This all because of the people on this site giving such good advice. I am going to continue to get my levels even lower for my next blood test in October. If I had followed the NHS advice I would not have achieved these figures.

My heartfelt thanks to all of you,
xx Carol

Reactions: 10 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
That's a great HbA1c result Carol, well done.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very well done Carol. May I ask how you did achieved this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Carol. Fantastic results. :) I can't comment on the thyroid tests as I don't have a problem with my thyroid so don't understand the results..

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Zand, I low carb/raised fat. I have found it easy to cut bread (use Lidl protein rolls) and potatoes (these really spike me) from my intake. I have cut down on my fruit, which I did eat a lot. I have never snacked between meals so that wasn't a problem. I still cook cakes but low carb recipes, best ones so far are cheesecake and brownies. I don't have boxed cereals or porridge just pancakes. Unfortunately I don't like eggs. I also have single cream rather than milk. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes thanks it does. Unfortunately I don't like eggs either! The reason I asked was that I was searching for info about low carb diets and the thyroid yesterday. There's nothing conclusive really, but I did find this which I though might interest you.

http://www.dietdoctor.com/possible-recover-hypothyroidism

Very well done again on your low carb/increased fats diet. :)

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for that. Doctors disagree about diabetes and thyroid. There seems to be a connection between the two but no tests have proved it so far. My best friend has high cholesterol and tries to eat no fat, I've told her that she is wrong but she won't believe me, perhaps I'll show her my new results.

I forgot a bit - my blood pressure is down as well.

Reactions: 3 people