Test strips and the docs

Boo boo

Tried to get lancets and strips today from the doctors,easier to get blood out of a stone! Bought my own monitor second hand. Had a telephone consultation where the doc kindly told me that type 2 don't need to test because it can be stressfull and not helpful to your condition if your worry that your sugar is high. Tried to say that i was be proactive and trying to determine which foods affect me,but he said that if i ate a healthy diet there would be no need to test or worry!. Also that the hbca? Would do that job, but i don't have that done again until 12 weeks time. So i will just have to buy them myself. Going on holiday to turkey anything i need to do or watch out for while on holiday to do with diabetes? :D

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Hi Boo boo

As for holiday tips - stay away from sugary and high-carb things, eat lots of salads, don't drink too much alcohol - and the main thing - ENJOY yourself!

Have a good time

Viv

Boo boo

Thanks viv,find it really confusing when the practice nurse tells me to eat carbs with every meal,and if i feel like something sweet to have a little sandwich! Will eat plenty of salads and try not to drink too much maybe a non alcholic cocktail or twoxxx